Who felt that?

LanglandJoshua

How clueless am I?

My 4 yo gave me the run down when I got home. "The tank is not cracked. The fish are still alive and there is no water on the floor." Oh, she picked today to remember when my Solana cracked back in '09. Then I log on to WAMAS and the light bulb comes on.

There is one rock that is out of place but all else looks fine. Glad my daughter was more aware than I!

Ron

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had another aftershock at 8:05 P.M.. It measured 4.2. I was not home for the big one today, but i can tell you the 4.2 really shook the house and knocked a few more pictures off the wall.

as long as the dam holds up at lake anna the reactor should be fine. about 30 miles from where i live i had just gotten to work and it sounded like a helicopter crashing on the roof. no real time to react except for getting outside away from the buildings...

all is safe...i had a few breakers blow and came home early to fix that and clean up water. never really felt the after shocks here though.

just shaken and not stirred ;)

Edited by GaryL

Glad that it seems everyone is alright. The tanks seem to be fine, I look forward to hearing how all the tanks that had any issues completely recovered!laugh.gif

I know seeing my tanks water slosh and the detris just envelope the entire tank worried me.

When my father and I were outside working, the trees behind us(some near 40-50ft+) were shaken like rag dolls. Our biggest worry was getting out of the way if they came down. Then we ran for the tank when we realized we wouldnt be playing dodgeball with these things. So the tank was fine, we went outside for some fresh air just in time to see our neighbor in a full blown panic attack. She had been asleep and was woken up by this, and screamed. She told us she thinks she actually made her cat wee his "bed". Unfortunately all of her good china went tile "surfing"...yet everything in our home seemed perfectly fine. The only sign of this event were some tilted pictures, and my tanks newly found "wavemode".

My father and I had ran about 30ft from the time the quake hit, to when it stopped(2-3 seconds?). So we were moving FAST, but didnt realize how fast until later. Thankfully our neighbor collected herself by the time we spoke to her later. She had been so scared that when she saw us she screamed, "WHAT THE F.... WAS THAT?!?!" across the street. She is one of the most calm, collected, and polite people I've ever met! So this really had her shaken AND stirred!

The best part was another neighbor was just taking a nap in his front lawn in a hammock... he did get out right after the earthquake. But I can only imagine the kind of ride he went for when we could barely run with the ground moving so fast!

Did anyone really think I would read this whole thread? I knew the minute it hit that people were going to be on here talking about whether or not tanks were ok. I only live 2 miles from work, so I stopped by and checked my tank.

They said that there were two aftershocks earlier today. I did not feel anything of them, though perhaps one was what caused me to suddenly lose my balance and fumble on the bowling line with the ball involuntarily tossed right into the gutter. I wish I had been in the bowling alley when the earthquake happened - would have been fun to see what the pins and balls were doing.

^I know, right?

It is the summer lull.

No issues here. Though I was at work and tried to check in on the tank via the fishcam. Alas, the fish cam had fallen off the empty kalk container that was balanced on top of an empty cardboard box next to the tank. Precarious doesn't even come close to describing the setup. Fortunately wife was home and gave me the all clear.