Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

I've managed to mount everything to the rocks at this point. I'm going to leave the sand bed empty for some extremely nice coral(s) as a centerpiece.

Good call. Resist the urge to crowd that sandbed! The white space really opens the tank up and draws the eyes up to the rockwork. FWIW, I think a big centerpiece clam/coral would look awesome.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your sump is so clean! Remind me what reactor is in the left compartment? Also, is it just me or is the water in that compartment a little cloudier then everything else?

• 3 weeks later...

very cool. Is the Idol eating anything other then Nori?

Haven't tried any other foods yet. The Idol so far just goes crazy for Nori and is pulling stuff out of he rocks all day. He puts his nose in the rocks and acts like he's fighting and trying to pull something out. He won't eat my homemade sea food mixture. All the LFS' have been closed but I'm going to pick up some of the Angel Fish food and Spectrum pellets.

Here's another quick video of all the fishes going crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

^that's fantastic!!

Picked up some food last week! Great news is...

The Idol is now eating Nori, New Life Spectrum pellets and Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Flake! He's a pig now!

told you those NLS pellets were awesome! The only fish I have that doesn't eat them is the pipefish.