Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

told you those NLS pellets were awesome! The only fish I have that doesn't eat them is the pipefish.

I also fed the home made food mixture and the idol ate that too. He's now getting a well balanced diet. Just need to find some sponge I can harvest.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I haven't tried the home made food mixture yet. Need to take a hammer to it and put it into my food chunk bag (all the different frozen foods broken up so I pull something randomly for the fish :)

Cool. I haven't tried the home made food mixture yet. Need to take a hammer to it and put it into my food chunk bag (all the different frozen foods broken up so I pull something randomly for the fish :)

You can cut it up with a big knife into little blocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few updated shots of the tank. I have been adding more SPS than anything else. I'm also very happy to report that the Moorish Idol is still eating everything and putting on some weight. I've had him 31 days and he is looking better every day.

Jeff (NAGA) is cutting me two strips of the same black acrylic used to trim the tank. I'm going to use the strips to hide the water line at the top of the tank and another strip to hide the starboard/sand at the bottom.

Other changes I would like to make is to add 2 blue ReefBright LED strips on either side of the ATI fixture. It will give me more of the blue look that I enjoy. I can also just run LEDs at night without the annoying fans so I can actually hear the TV and not wake the kids up.

ftsjan.jpg

ftsjan31.jpg

ftsjann4.jpg

^lol!!

I think you should fight the urge!!

You have such a clean and beautiful open look, it would be a shame to crowd it.

That being said, a few well-placed, sand dwelling things like a clam or big wellso (if you can do it with your fish) would be cool :)

^lol!!

I think you should fight the urge!!

You have such a clean and beautiful open look, it would be a shame to crowd it.

That being said, a few well-placed, sand dwelling things like a clam or big wellso (if you can do it with your fish) would be cool :)

I think I will. I need to save for at least one reef bright led strip.

I should sell some of my acans to pay for it.

Steve,

I went down that road and now my sand is full as well as my rocks... I think you have a great aquascape there and I think you should wait and grow your existing corals. It looks so pretty the way it is.

Steve,

I went down that road and now my sand is full as well as my rocks... I think you have a great aquascape there and I think you should wait and grow your existing corals. It looks so pretty the way it is.

I moved the shells that were in the sand bed and glued so more corals up on the rocks. Looks much better.

Also, it is a good idea to leave the sandbed open for your sand sifting critters. My star and snails bump into/move something every single day... I think this is the point I need to upgrade but I am resisting the urge for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Added the two Reef Brite strips to the 6 bulb ATI fixture. Everything bolted right up with the holes and screws that were already on the fixture. I think it looks awesome with the added pop and shimmer from the LEDs is sweet!

477eaf56-9d71-8fed.jpg

477eaf56-9d51-992d.jpg

Edited by Aquatic Obsession

That's really interesting... I have not seen those before... gonna have to go do some research.

(btw, do you want me to edit the title of your thread to reflect your new name?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...