Things not seen

davelin315

We've all got those things we bought for the tank because we thought they'd be so cool and then never see again except for the occasional time when you catch a glimpse as it darts back into the rock. Anyway, thought it'd be fun to see what else everyone else never sees.

Here's my list of things that are most likely in there but that I don't see very often.

Lycopod - see it about once every 6 months or so, didn't see it for nearly 2 years after I bought it.

Coral Banded Shrimp - see it about once a month.

Pair of Harlequin Shrimp - see them about once a month.

Cleaner Shrimp, Fire Shrimp, and Peppermint Shrimp - have a bunch of these, see them every so often when the lights go out. No idea how many are in there but there could be none or there could be 30... who knows...

I see my ex way too often

I have a pistol shrimp i have seen once - I know it's still alive, cause I still here him shooting!

I do see my coral banded shrimp all the time - she has gotten huge since we aquired her.

I see my mom about twice a year...

not even that often !

in the 50cube, a pistol shrimp that we only see when we rearrange the rock

in the 29, an emerald crab that I see every 6-8 weeks

Currently I have a hand full of various crabs (pom pom, emerald, and arcopora) a few pistol shrimp, a watchman goby pair and a couple of sea cucumbers that I see only on very rare occasions.

One time I had a yellow watchman goby that I put into my old reef that disappeared within a few days and I didnt see it for the rest of the time I had the tank set up. I did, however, find it in the overflow when I was in the process of taking the tank down... the little guy lived in that overflow box for about two years before I found him!

Moms and exes in your tanks, huh?

I didn't know cleaner shrimps hid that much - mine is always right out in the open, though my red shrimp is sometimes hard to find.

^hmmm, I wish my ex was in a tank somewhere... oh wait... shoot, that was my outside voice...

Guest thefishman65

That is becuase it went into the tank and it is not seen there either :)

I have had two cleaner shrimp in my tank. The first one died when I started dosing vodka and od'd one day. The one that died always was in the open. The other one I see maybe once a month.

But I have a Black Cap Basslet that I see every couple of months.