Oct. 9 Meeting Trade/Sale thread

dbartco

Typically FS threads are reserved for the FS section, but we allow trades and sales of goodies in Gen. Discussion before meetings.

Post up whachu got? I'll start.

Free Sarcophyton Frags (who am I kidding, small colonies)

(Nad)(RW) Plenty Left

Free Green/grey frilly mushrooms (these grow 4+")

(Trocka, bluce, Nad RW)

look like:

grn%20gsint%20mush%208-10.JPG

Free Purple Mushrooms

(Nad) Plenty left

Free heliopora

(Bluce)Plenty left

neon green pavona - trade for something, zoos?

(Nad) Quazi Plenty left

Ocellaris Clowns $5

bluece (2) army (2) tclispe (1) forreal (2)quazi,(2) Plenty left

Clarkii Clowns $5

Plenty left

what time is the meeting? i'm hoping that it's not when i'm working...though i'm afraid it is :(

WAMAS FALL MEETING - Kilmer Middle School, Vienna, VA - October 9, 2010 (Saturday)

The Fall Meeting of The Washington Area Marine Aquarist Society (WAMAS) will be on Saturday, October 9, 2010 from 1:30-5:00 p.m. at Kilmer Middle School, 8100 Wolftrap Road, Vienna, VA 22182.

What? What's that you say? You don't look so good. I think you're coming down with something that will hit on October 9...

lol...i don't think my co workers would be thrilled with yeah, i'm sick...and i need to do some fish stuff :) need to keep a job to pay for the tank :)

yup, as usual, i'm at work...one day...

I'm in the same situation usually. I think the only meeting ever on Sundays is the Frag Fest. I think there are a lot of people who work on Saturday who would appreciate more meetings to be either on Sundays or in the evenings on Saturdays instead of the middle of the day.

I'm in the same situation usually. I think the only meeting ever on Sundays is the Frag Fest. I think there are a lot of people who work on Saturday who would appreciate more meetings to be either on Sundays or in the evenings on Saturdays instead of the middle of the day.

You have a group of people - there will be no perfect time. Saturday evenings? Take a poll, that would be a real favorite </sarcasm>. Sundays? In the fall? Another real treat for many.

Point is there is no perfect time - seems they do a decent job balancing it between MD & VA. In ye olde days it was always in VA, disliked by more than a few.

Erik hit the nail on the head, plus, it's very difficult to get speakers to come in on Sunday as they also typically have jobs that they need to return to. We do it when we can, and this one was originally scheduled for a Sunday per the speaker's request, but then the plans changed back to Saturday. We do our best to make things work for people, but it's very difficult to balance all of the needs at the same time.

I have the following for sale:

Solana tank & stand: $450

Solana "disco ball" 150w MH: $100

12 gallon aquapod tank & MJ900 for the return: $125

HOB overflow (I used it on my old 55 gallon): $30

Cascade canister filter (rated up to 150 gallons): $50

Euro Reef nano skimmer for Solana: $80

I will also trade for equipment like:

dual or triple doser

calcium reactor setup

vortech mp40/mp60

ozone generator

or you can make an offer.

Thanks,

Russ

I wish I would be able to make this one... beyond having fun at meetings, I have a hand full of odds and ends that could find homes better than mine, and I would like to pick up some of Doug's clowns!!

Oh well, I will be running through the woods with a bunch of other whiskey crazed gun wielders wearing orange in the Utah back-woods :)

Have fun you guys!!

Back to the topic, I'll have frags of the following for sale:

Tubbs Blue Zoas

Montipora Setosa

Pokerstar/Supergirl Monti

Superman Monti

Copps Vesuvous Monti

Blue Hornets!

Red Hot Chilli peper monti

Colony of Tricolor Acro

Hollywood Stunner Chalice

And a few others. Prices will mostly range from $10-$25. Some may be slightly more. I'll put some sample pics up later. If any wants anything or any size in particular, let me know.

Edited by DaveS

I have:

1x1" Tyree $500 Efflo-$40

1" Tyree Pink Lemonade Acro-$20

1 polyp Purple People Eater Paly-$20

4 polyps Galaxy People Eater Paly-$40

1" Tyree Purple Unknown Acro-$35

3 polyps Tyree captain America Paly-$80

Here is what I have....

Unknown SPS - have 5 (one for $5, one for $10, 2 for $20 and large is $25) depending on size..(this is the big one)

IMG_6295.jpg

Emma's Jedi Mind Trick encrusting monti - $25 (actual frag)

IMG_6290.jpg

Purple and Green Zoa's (about 20 heads) - $15 (actual frag)

IMG_6301.jpg

Mystic Sunset encrusting Montipora - $40 (actual frag)

IMG_6288.jpg

Garf Bonsai Frags - sorry about the bad pictures - $15 each - have a few

IMG_6206.jpg

2 frags of Copps incredible hulk monti (about half an inch) $20 (he sells for $70) - no pic

2 frags of ORA Blue Polyp Digitata - about 1.25" for $15/each - no pic - just look at ORA website

would prefer paypal before the meeting if possible...thanks..

Edited by epleeds

If all goes well I'll actually be at this meeting. If so, I'll bring some frogspawn, stylophora, assorted zoas, this uh... Some kind of very blue acro?, and other random stuff.

You have a group of people - there will be no perfect time. Saturday evenings? Take a poll, that would be a real favorite </sarcasm>. Sundays? In the fall? Another real treat for many.

Point is there is no perfect time - seems they do a decent job balancing it between MD & VA. In ye olde days it was always in VA, disliked by more than a few.

Oh wow..I didn't realize there was ever anything in MD...when was the last one?

Billy, is that the yellow one i traded you on the right?

yep

I know I went to one in MD a few years back. I've been too unplugged from the boards to know if there's been one there recently.

Last one was our winter meeting. We alternate meetings between VA and MD, with the occasional DC/NADC meeting in there. This one had to come back to VA due to SATs on that day at most high schools in MD. Fragfest has been in McLean with Chip running it @ his church.

Who has some cheapo zoos for me (other than green) to put in the school tank? $5-$10 range?

I have 2nd generation ORA Black Clowns available for sale. PM if interested and i can bring them to the meeting.

-Anthony

Clowns.jpg