out of hobby

vnreef

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, what kind of lights are you running? What do you dose? How long have you had this tank set up? It's Gorgeous!!!!

gallery_2632032_773_668581.jpg

gallery_2632032_773_907324.jpg

Thanks Jan. 2 xm 400 w, calcium reactor, fr 509 carbon 1 a month, fr 509 phosphat 1 every 2 months, big ap 902 deltec skimmer, water change 25 gal every week now unemloyment everyday...live stock been with me more than 5 years from 300 gal tank break down cause leak 1sf floor, my system down to basement.

Wow, an impressive tank for sure! Maybe you could take the suggestion someone made to sell certain livestock that would be enough to keep from having to break down your system - it's a shame to have to dismantle such a beautiful tank.

Absolutely amazing. I'm so sorry you have to give it up. Have you also listed it on Craigslist? You may end up having to part out. In this economy not too many folks have 12 grand to drop on a hobby like this. You may get more money if you part it out right. Auctions are also money makers. Here as well as on eBay. Corals ship fine this time of year.

Thanks Jan. 2 xm 400 w, calcium reactor, fr 509 carbon 1 a month, fr 509 phosphat 1 every 2 months, big ap 902 deltec skimmer, water change 25 gal every week now unemloyment everyday...live stock been with me more than 5 years from 300 gal tank break down cause leak 1sf floor, my system down to basement.

120 gal tech tank, 20 gal top of, 40 gal cheato, 75 gal sump home made, my system about 180 gal. let see how much unemloyment commission they pay out. I will to keep the tank

Why don't you just sell some frags for a few thousand each month? That way you'll get to keep your reef and you won't take such a beating if you part it out. Whatever you sell will grow back and after all, this is what many people do to supplement their income.

(edited)

might be the lighting but looks like a black tang and not a gem tang to me...

Edited by DDiver

+1. I thought the same thing...black tang.

might be the lighting but looks like a black tang and not a gem tang to me...

First picture one next to black and white clown, black tang and infront of tunze is another gem tang

Yep, I see them both. This is a beautiful tank. It must break your heart to have to take it down.

This should be tank of the month before it is broken down. Get someone who knows how to take some great pictures to go over and put together a nice photo shoot for this person. A tank like this is very rare, and it would be great to have some memories.

First picture one next to black and white clown, black tang and infront of tunze is another gem tang

i see...