Made Me SAD :O(

truestelf

So today i decided to try a new fish store and i have heard good things about Blue Ribbon Koi and haveing not been there i thought why not, had some free time today and was trying to buy some new coral and live rock for my tank today. I got in my car and with my Garmin GPS i put in Blue Ribbon Koi it found it and i hit go. I drive like 25 miles( EACH WAY ) to it and whats there NOTHING. Some stupid house or something. The Garmin GPS had 5003 Sudley Road Catharpin va 20143. I was really sad and upset to have wasted my time to find nothing. I hope this does not happen to anyone for the upcoming social!

I think you went to the old address. You were pretty close though.

Blue Ribbon Koin and Marine

4641 Sudley Road

Catharpin, VA 20143

Phone / Fax 703-753-7566

Sorry what happened. But it is very simple. The address the GPS shows is I believe the old location. They moved more west to that just about a mile down the road. It is hard to find but it is right next to the post office. I think it is a post office coz i see lot of postal vans parked. You have to be careful coz it is not right out there with all signs. If you are coming from RT 66 at Sudley rd then it is on your right. The share the lot with some garden and lawn store. If my description is not clear please let me know and i can email you the correct location on ggogle map. But the post office address is 4625 Sudley Rd, Catharpin, VA‎ and it is right next to it. Right before the post office you will have to make a right turn on the inner road and immediate right again. You cannot miss it.

I did a quick internet search and there are still a lot of sites out there with the old address. I wonder how many other people go to the wrong place. He might want ot put a sign saying, "keep going up the road" or something. Or send all day surfing the web and correcting all the wrong sites.

http://web3.userinstinct.com/45853760-blue-ribbon-koi-products-inc.htm

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Blue.Ribbon.Koi.Products.Incorporated.703-753-7566

http://www.hotfrog.com/Companies/Blue-Ribbon-KOI-Products

yup Johnny you should point this out and correct the addresses or put some signs. I pretty sure lot of people must e missing the place and leaving upset. Great store and would love for them to have more business.

Garmin strikes again.

ive found it really pays to double check all address and routes from the internet and or garmin, constructions moves etc can really make a bad day

its definately worth going back out there, they have a great selection of fish just about every time ive been there not to mention corals and drygoods galore.

sorry it happened

Thanks for the correct address.... a little late but better than not at all.. still made me sad nonetheless !

Bummer. To have gone that far and not know they were just a few more miles down the road.... Sorry.

yea like i said made me sad cause i have only heard good things about this store and wanted to bring home some new coral and maybe some live rock and to come so close but not find it is dissapointing

I did the same thing with a different place not too long ago...

I dont remember where I was going, but I know the place it took me was a residential address with nothing there :(

They will be worth the drive a second time around!

Could have been worse. You could have fought through rush hour traffic and found the place only for them to be closed! I forgot to check which days they were open. Only got to stare at the corals I wanted to buy!

Oh well the other trips more than made up for it.

The GPS's actually stop about 1/4 mile short of the old store.

yep..it took me to a house the first time i ever went out there almost 3 years ago..

I drive like 25 miles( EACH WAY ) to it and whats there NOTHING.

So make another trip! It's a pretty drive.

If it makes you feel better, a round trip to BRK involves 2-1/2 hours of driving for me, if there's no traffic. Lynn is a regular and he lives a lot further south than me.

Thats why I always put the number on the adress.... anyway sorry that happend to you. BRK is one of the better stores in the area I got a pair of shrimp for

20$

Well, I hate to hear this but I know it happens. I have changed anything that I have found that has our old address on it, but as you know the GPS units only update their info about once a year and you have to pay to keep you maps updated. You should always go to our website or give us a call before you head this way, if it is really that far of an inconvienience for you. We are closed Mondays and Tuesdays and that gets a lot of people too, the website has the current hours and address of course.

As far as putting a sign on the old property saying we moved, I dont own the property and as usual when you leave a property the owner of that property has no interest in helping you succeed in the future.

Hope you give us a try again, we are only one mile down the road from our old location.

thanks

John