How about this for a hitchiker :)

amay121

I'd read this before, but there was no picture with the article. They don't say exactly what it is though. I'm thinking maybe a bobbit worm (Eunice sp.)?

Incredible...I wonder how long it took to get to that size..

Would have to get past the whole permanent numbness thing but sure a little butter and quick dip in a batter and fried might be tasty.

Everything is edible if properly coocked. :)

I'm not so sure about that, unless completely carbonized = "properly cooked". I think alot of reef organisms are so entrainted with ciguatera that they are just completely inedible. However, that shouldn't neccesarily stop one from trying.

Would have to get past the whole permanent numbness thing but sure a little butter and quick dip in a batter and fried might be tasty.

I think it would be like cooking okra. Just like you need to cook the nasty slime out of okra, you need to cook the numbing juice out of the worm.

I don't know if I am more disturbed by the giant coral eating worm, or the discussion of proper preparation techniques to eat said worm :eek:

I don't know if I am more disturbed by the giant coral eating worm, or the discussion of proper preparation techniques to eat said worm :eek:

If they had that thing on FearFactor - noboby would win the money!

Holy moly! That's one big worm! I have seen some prowling around my tank at late night- they're 6" to 8" but nowhere near that big. I have read about someone catching 36" inside their output pipe. That will most certainly run up a serious case of goosebump when someone find it.

I dunno about eating part, I have eaten some weird stuff at my in-laws. I would image it tastes something like sea cucumber. UGH!

Put him in jug with air hose and sit him out front of porch during the Halloween. Tell kids that it came out of your stomach, that'll freak them out BIG time.

Put him in jug with air hose and sit him out front of porch during the Halloween. Tell kids that it came out of your stomach, that'll freak them out BIG time.

If you want to freak the kids out, swallow most of the worm (like a sword swallower), leaving just the head in your mouth, then puke it up when the kids come by.

If you want to freak the kids out, swallow most of the worm (like a sword swallower), leaving just the head in your mouth, then puke it up when the kids come by.

That is just so wrong on many levels....but it made me laugh :lol2: