DIY  KALK reactor folks

flowerseller

Church=Home Depot?

I go there every sunday?

James, I have extra monti caps, and softies if you want from the fragfest if you want. I will bring and give to Chip on Sun if you want to replace any losses.

Doug

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys think I suck but want to come over to my house.

We plan to have a bigger fire Thursday night and an even bigger one Sunday night.

This helps temper the oven bricks/joints and fill the floor. The smoke actually goes up the still short chimney.

If all continues to go this well, we'll have a really big fire and make our first pizzas on Wednesday for our kids.

Guest HVF21221

Chip, I will build a small fire this Fri. to "warm up" my oven slowly, then go all out this weekend if temps stay cool. I love this time of year!!!!

Howard

I burned a 250-275  fire for around an hour. The next I hope to get as high as 350-375 and then the Sunday burn be 500.

I figure to cook pizza around 550-600 and take a whole 3-4 minutes.  

123DVC00461-med.jpg

I saw Doug (dbartco) today and picked up 3 tubes of #16 from him. So we are ILF.

We need someone to find either a 1/4 nylon threaded plug or threaded one side push fitting on the other.

These threads need to be the 1/4 npt identical to the JG fittings.

I have tried HD at 7 corners and the one on Merilee Dr. I believe if the HD near you carries underground lawn irrigation stuff they may have the fittings. Lowes or Fisher may also, just not near enough to me to check them.

That is the only thing we are missing. It's the fitting the cord goes thru and gets epoxied.

See you on Sunday from 10:00-12:30 for some serious gluing. It'll be fun.

Chip

Please show up with cashola for the parts as well. I close on my house in 2 weeks. I think that will pay JK M&S for one lamp to be carried out of my house. I kinda need to get every penny. That reminds me, I need check the sofa cushions as well.

Joking, not that bad off, .....yet. Good thing I financed my tank room to be paid off over 30 years!!!

Doug,

I am counting on you for the Glue. I guess  between you and Chip,  i will have enough

weldon #3 and #16. If not, please let me know and i can make arragements to come with

enough.

Btw, again $ time folks. Doug, what do we owe you for each tube of glue?

Chip/James - Do we have a $ amount for the expendables. ?

Folks, checks when handed out are to go and encash in a bank. It is not to be

left in the glove compart, refrigerator magnet..... yada yada. So please encash checks :)

Btw, a lowes and HD are in close proximity to me.

I can swing by and grab the 1/4" male thread to female Quick disconnect type fitting.

Do we have a number that we need??

-krish

We need 14 fittings. These are the same size thread as the JG.  They will actually measure 1/2" across the thread. If you can find threaded caps GREAT, we drill a small hole for the cord.

If not we can cut the T, the 90, or the hose barb off. If you muff up the end, it will be covered with black epoxy from James anyway.

Call me if you have questions and whoever finds them, please post or have someone post ASAP.

Who was it that found the nylon Thumb Screws and wing nuts? Not to worry if not done, they are not needed to glue.

Chip  -  cell 571.220.0776

Guest Ruh Roh
I found the nylon screws at MSC but they don't have any wing style nuts there.... nor at Mcmastercarr :(

HD/Lowes carries the wing nuts?

They carry quite some nylon stuff.

What is the thread spec?

I will check it out this evening.

-krish

I may have found wing nuts.

I did not find any fittings locally for the cord but may have on line.

Thats the last thing and we're good to go. See who ever tomorrow morning and we can glue them up and figure out the last fitting.

Chip et all,

I have about 11 of the quick disconnect 1/4" fittings(Threaded part is 1/2" and it is the

right one). I emptied the inventory in Sterling HD.

The 1/4 - 20 Nylon wing nuts, i was only about to get enough for 2.5 reactors.

I emptied the inventory in Sterling Lowes :)

-krish

Chip,

I seem to have misplaced your address, can you please PM it to me.  No need to write directions.

Thanks / sorry to bother you.

See ya in the AM!!!

Phil