MJ/fittings(approx $20).

That leaves 3 unclaimed ones.

-krish

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ruh Roh

Laser Cutter works great on the acrylic, I need to find the rubber sheeting to make the gaskets from, I'll post later with the price of the sheeting It should be really cheap.

It will be a quick process once we get it set up. Just have to work around his schedule to get it done.

[beer2]

*EDIT*

Just ordered the rubber. The sheet I ordered comes in 36" rolls. Fortunately they sell it by the foot, (SBR Rubber, great for gaskets and washers ;) )

I ordered 5' of it. $20.37 total and got free next day shipping using my work account. Assuming I can get the circles we cut this weekend, I can have these both done before the weekend.

-James

you have a shape you need or just want a square?

It's round with a big hole in the middle and a bunch of small holes for the screws! :p

I figure I'll just cut it myself, unless you have a better way. If so I can get you the exact dimensions.

Thanks!

Glenn

I will be grooving away this evening after 8:30 and home most the day in the back yard on wednesday. If you want to cut grooves, I'll be doing it this evening.

Krish, you are in and out (40.00 bucks more out)

There may be one more left if Phil (GRAV) doesn't want his but once he sees the kit I'm quite confident he will.

Chief

Chip,

Cool. I will now have my 42 Hex have its own Kalk reactor.

The wife is gonna love fixing problems on more systems while

i am on travel. Well, the proposal now is to have me take the tanks

and then travel :)

Can we engrave WAMAS using James's new laser toy

on the reactor square base plate :)

Hehehe, I know iam asking too much from James.

Thanks James. I am sure the thumbscrew holes are gonna align real well.

-krish

Hi all

This project sounds like it's going great, James good to hear that the cutter will cut the acrylic, this will make drilling the holes and having them line up a breaze. Thanks sooo much for you help with this.

Doug I think the JG fittings we need are these:

JG Fittings, thanks for getting this order and let us know how to get the money to you. I know the pumps alone are $300.

Chip I wish I could join you tomorrow but I will be stuck in Germantown all day. The Minijet 606 pump is the one we need. It's speed adjustable from 79 - 153 Ghp. It's the one used in the product where copying. I can find replacement impellers for the 404 pump but don't see any for the 606. We may want to 404 so we can get replacement impellers. The 404 pumps 18-108 Gph.

The Price $17 price is if we sell all 17 systems. we will be stuck with the price for systems not sold. I am willing to purchase another reactor which I'll donate to WAMAS for raffle at the meeting if needed.

Chris

Guest Ruh Roh

Actually yes, Just have to draw it in a CAD program.

You want WAMAS on yours or something else? Have a design that says you?

Talk to me about it on the next cutting/Glueing party. Just leave that piece off and We can do something special with it for you.

Guest Ruh Roh
It's round with a big hole in the middle and a bunch of small holes for the screws! :p

I figure I'll just cut it myself, unless you have a better way. If so I can get you the exact dimensions.

Thanks!

Glenn

If you want me to cut it on the table for you, I need inside diameter, outside diameter, Hole size and Diameter of center line(or inner or outer edge) and how many holes are around it.

If it was a home built system I can leave the holes uncut and you can just punch the holes when you get it. Up to you. There should be plenty.

Oh, I don't need to see it to know that I want it.  

I WAS feeling bad about missing the cutting party, and even more so now.  Looking forward to the next date.

Oops...looks like I got here just a little bit too late.  Sign me up on the waiting list for the next construction party.  I've got a decent spread of tools, and I'm pretty handy to boot.

Jon

I ordered pumps and the jg fittings yesterday. I took some liberty to order a few 90 degree fittings as well. So we have 24 of these and 10 of these. I wanted them for mine and so did Chip. So, 3 other reactors will have them. If you want yours with 90's or a mix of the 2 kinds, speak up. If there is nobody else the wants them, I will eat the cost or use them in a different project.

What's been done to the kalk reactors since the cut party?

a groove was cut in the base like the lower top ring, this left a 1/8" hole that needs covering. Thanks James for the help.

material was cut to make the fins to hold the ph and tube.

James took the rings and lids for laser holes

The mechanical parts have been ordered (thank's Doug)

I got three arches on the pizza oven and the chimeny started on the fireplace. Starting to look a lot like an oven now.

What's left to do on the kalk reactors?

The mechanical parts need to arrive and pay Doug for them

drill/tap holes for the JG fittings and install the fittings

install tube to direct incoming water down

make j i g for gluing fin/tube

cut and add fins with tube for 606 ph to stir kalk

glue piece over hole in base from the groove cutting

Drill hole for powerhead cord fitting and get epoxied

( I would prefer this to be threaded )

Sanding is otional and will be very minimal to begin with given the techniques we applied in the first place

Glue to gether

When will we glue these rascals together and be done?

We need to get the rings and lids back from the laser table and that should be next weekish.

I am busy on the 10/2-3 and the 10/9-10 weekend, maybe in the afternoon on 10/3

Otherwise, 10/17 is my earliest, which is actually when I thought I could start this to begin with.

If I plan a week night, say a Wednesday, @ 7:30, who can come?

Why do we have to wait for "Chief" and who does he think he is?

I got the stuff in my teepee and you don't.

You don't have to, you're welcome to collect your stuff and glue it at your leisure. You will need both weldon #3 and #16*

* as sturdy as these are and as tight as these are going to fit, #16 is optional but I would recommend it none the less.

You will still need to furnish any external tubing required to hook up to your application

Hey Chip

It looks like we have to drill and tap the holes for the JG fittings, drill and tap the hole for the PH power cord, and assemble.

Parts we still need:

Rigid Airline tube.

PVC nipple for PH power cord

Tube to connect power head to cpvc pipe

I think that covers it.

chris

I goofed and let my post go by mistake before I finished it.

I'll get the fittings for the cord over the next couple days.

I do not know what tap we need for the JG fittings or the cord fitting.

Doug,

I will go with the 90 degree fittings on two of my reactors and probably on the

one for kannan as well. So that uses up the 3 spare ones that you mentioned about.

If Chief and you feel its better to use the 90deg fittings, theres gotta be a reason :)

Chief, you set the date and we will come on over. Weekend is better for me.

-krish

Krish-  It's just placement. Where I'm putting mine, I thought it might kink the rigid airline tubing, that's all. I don't have much room above, and have a tight bend. There is no problem with the straight JG.