Won Brothers Titanium Heater

zygote2k

it's my spare one I use for QT and heating the salt water mixing barrel.

The controller has gone a little too sensitive but it's still works since I got it in 2004.

I had one and the digital thermostat crapped out at about 3 months and the heater stayed on. Fortunately I was running multiple undersized heaters so it didn't cause major damage. These heaters, IMO, are junk and should not be used. There is an older thread where many others who experienced failures with these heaters spoke up. There are too many better alternatives to risk your tank with a WON heater.

I have 2 of these. 1 of them died and wouldn't turn on. The other one seems to be fine after about a year and a half. I do use them with an AC so I have double temperature controls. I'll probably replace it with a Jager that I have based on what I've heard about them.

I had one and the digital thermostat crapped out at about 3 months and the heater stayed on. Fortunately I was running multiple undersized heaters so it didn't cause major damage. These heaters, IMO, are junk and should not be used. There is an older thread where many others who experienced failures with these heaters spoke up. There are too many better alternatives to risk your tank with a WON heater.

I had the very same experience, I still use one but it is 100 watts in a 156G so that any damage is limited. But it is also why I have another thermometer to double check temp. The other, the bad one, is for heating up water during water change. It , the bad one, acutaly is ok now but I am taking the chance since it is 250watts.

Come to think of it, I should remove the other one from my main tank anyway. Just like the LED digital temp read out.

I have decided that multiple smaller heaters are better than one big one.