Another power victim...

dbartco

Big hint to all reefers!--

Going on a golf trip to an Sea Island GA (highs about 86) for a 4 day weekend while your power is out for 3 days, and forgetting your cell charger---

NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:

Jewelry upon my return only kept the fists from flying. If I have ever said anything bad about my wife on this board, I RETRACT THEM NOW! The SAINT ran generators, power cords, got gas, cleaned skimmers, and took 2 days off work to deal with my tanks while dealing with a whiny 4 year old.

Minimal losses. Luckily it was only some monty caps. I have also lost the ablilty to say "no" to my wife for quite some time. Let's practice, shall we:

Yes dear.

Yes dear.

Yes dear.

Yes dear.

Yes dear........

I'm glad you had someone to take care of it while you were out of town!! man if only I can get my wife to take interest in the "How it works" of this hobby...

Trust me her interest in keeping it alive is only monitary and keeping the house from smelling like dead fish.

I once read that woman prefer lots of small gifts rather than one big gift - so you might be in pay back mode for a long time - regardless you are a lucky man. Since our tank is pretty new I think my dear wife is still in the tolerance stage!!!

You might go with the I do not want anything for Father's Day since you saved my tank approach.

You truly are a lucky man there, Doug. Be sure you tell her so and tell her that your friends here recognize that, too. Above and beyond... she went way, way above and beyond.

It's terrific that she knew what to do, too. Smart woman you have there. Glad that the damage was minimal.

Good for you Dougie - I'd hate to see that awesome tank of yours go under.

:cheers:

Doug,

Glad she was there for you! At least you had a pretty lady taken care of your tank, I had Chip and Jean Marie'!!!! :eek:

Poor fish and still recovering after 3 1/2 days of no power and looking at those scary faces!! :lol2:

Man Doug you have a awesome wife. Maybe I should train mine on the generator. :)

Curtis

:) Doug, You have a keeper! :) My wife have the same tolerance as everyone's spouses here; however, she definitely can't hook up a generator even if I show her how. Give her a good appreciation even if her interest was different from our own. :)

Cheers to one of the better news after the storm! Don't know mine until I come back in a month. Everything is "suppose" to be automated. :)

Almost makes me want to consider marriage again...

Well, okay - maybe not. But jewelry is good!!

Kudos to the wife!!!

bob

Geez Doug! We need to trade phone numbers so your wife can call me and my wife can call you in situations like this. Patti LOVES the tank as much as I do but I'm afraid she would be very lost in getting emergency power hooked up and getting the flow running again. I did get our generator hooked up and running and wouldn't you know, 5 minutes later the electric came back on.

Anyway, our house is basically around the corner from yours. I'd be happy to help out.

Anyway, our house is basically around the corner from yours.

"around the corner" in that neck of the woods could mean 20 or 30 miles! :lol2:

Almost makes me want to consider marriage again...

Well, okay - maybe not. bob

:bb:

Geez Doug! We need to trade phone numbers so your wife can call me and my wife can call you in situations like this. Patti LOVES the tank as much as I do but I'm afraid she would be very lost in getting emergency power hooked up and getting the flow running again. I did get our generator hooked up and running and wouldn't you know, 5 minutes later the electric came back on.

Anyway, our house is basically around the corner from yours. I'd be happy to help out.

It was funny how the grid is set up. The houses across "A" street had power the whole time. Our grid is to the south down to Middleburg area where the worst of the storm came though the Rt. 50 corridor. - So close, but so far away. Troubles only seemed to come for the wife @ 2 a.m., after I had enjoyed a night of "quiet conversation, cribbage, and in bed for at least 5 hours". angel-smiley-5086.gif

I will definietely keep you in mind. I need someone the last week or so in July for vacation help. I hope you can count on me for the same. I need to get down to your setup and get you frags anyway.

BIGJP lives in Hamilton, which is another I might lean on (right JP?). Thanks so much for the offer.

Absolutely! Just let me know. We don't need much of a heads up either. And come on over anytime! Our predator tank should be on the stand this weekend, so hopefully in a few weeks after that, the room will be cleaned back up and presentable again. :)