My 90g Rimless Starphire Tank

WORD :biggrin:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question which might end up being a dumb one, but coming from someone who has lost multiple longnose hawkfish from jumping out onto the carpet even while covering the top. How do you keep your fish from jumping out? Are you just careful to select none jump prone fish or do you know some magical trick that I don't?

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Got my fan today. It pushes a good amount of air, but I think I should of went with the 4 fan version for a 4ft tank.

CRL_9997.jpg

Where did you get that fan assembly from? Looks good.

Found it, never mind.

Edited by Vader

Not much to update. I added two fish because many of my corals have started to lighten because of lack of nutrients. I added a Sohal and a Yellow tang. Here is an updated shot.

CRL_7931b.jpg

Looks great, Chris! Do you put any coral food in there? Do you have any sort of refugium to generate live food?

Are you going to keep the back scraped clean? It looks so nice like that.

I call dibs on that sohal in 6 months. You'll see why :) I miss mine from FL. He was in my old display and now patrols one of the greenhouse tanks. 16ft of room to swim and is still a jerk to the other fish in that system. He will push himself half out of the water to get some food, and has even learned how to jump the overflow to eat the algae off the pump intake strainer, then jump back. I want another one for up here.

(edited)

Looks great, Chris! Do you put any coral food in there? Do you have any sort of refugium to generate live food?

Are you going to keep the back scraped clean? It looks so nice like that.

I call dibs on that sohal in 6 months. You'll see why :) I miss mine from FL. He was in my old display and now patrols one of the greenhouse tanks. 16ft of room to swim and is still a jerk to the other fish in that system. He will push himself half out of the water to get some food, and has even learned how to jump the overflow to eat the algae off the pump intake strainer, then jump back. I want another one for up here.

Thanks Justin! No coral food. I just feed mysis and nori. I hate coraline so I'll keep everything scarped except the rock and bottom of the tank. Man I love this sohal! We just got him in at BRK last week and I saw him for the first time on Saturday. By the middle of the day I had him eating nori out of my hand. I knew he was a winner after that. As he gets bigger so will my tank. :)

Already thinking of the next tank. 72"x36"x20" :biggrin:

But that won't be for awhile.

Edited by 143gadgets

Not much to update. I added two fish because many of my corals have started to lighten because of lack of nutrients. I added a Sohal and a Yellow tang. Here is an updated shot.

CRL_7931b.jpg

Looks great Chris but someone stole, or the sohal ate, all your sand.

• 3 weeks later...

Not true. He has a large reef poster taped inside the front glass of tank. There isn't any water in the tank at all.

Thanks Jason!!! You all are crazy. LOL

All of the rock has become covered in coraline algae. Here is an updated pic.

LIV_6372a.jpg

Hey Chris tank looks AWESOME!!!

I was wondering if you had any full tank shots with the canopy,tank, and stand?

• 2 weeks later...

New shots from tonight. I REALLY need to bring home my macro lens. You like?

Hulk Milli

LIV_6234.jpg

Green Base Orange Polyp Monti

LIV_6259.jpg

New Piece Showing Some Potential :)

LIV_6271.jpg

Gotta Love This One!!! :D

LIV_6285.jpg

New shots from tonight. I REALLY need to bring home my macro lens. You like?

Hulk Milli

LIV_6234.jpg

Green Base Orange Polyp Monti

LIV_6259.jpg

New Piece Showing Some Potential :)

LIV_6271.jpg

Gotta Love This One!!! :D

LIV_6285.jpg

OMG WANT