Back to the Reef Express

Guest Robzid

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to get off topic here, but I noticed you got ink. Are you an artist, or do you know of anybody good in he area? I have a koi fish on the undrside of my arm I need to have colored.

Sorry to get off topic here, but I noticed you got ink. Are you an artist, or do you know of anybody good in he area? I have a koi fish on the undrside of my arm I need to have colored.

yes i do, send me a pm and i'll send you my info :)

thanks Larry!!! i've been a little rusted with the photos but is coming back ;)

thanks guys!!!

After a little thinking i decided to get the background clean it was almost covered with coraline so lets see the comparison pics are what my tank looks now a days

With coraline more natural look

180.jpg

All the coraline scraped!!!

180clean.jpg

that looks soooo omuch better! Never thought about the back of the tank. Looks deeper too!

that looks soooo omuch better! Never thought about the back of the tank. Looks deeper too!

Agreed. The scraped back looks way better. Making me wish I had painted my background black instead of blue.

Coralline scraped looks sick. TOTM for sure. You should paint the PVC fitting at the top left black.

Only Justin could look at an amazing tank like that and actually end up critiquing the plumbing.

Robie, scraped back looks so much better, makes the colors pop better against the background. Can you swing by and show me how it's done?

Then come and do mine :cheers:

Coralline scraped looks sick. TOTM for sure. You should paint the PVC fitting at the top left black.

thanks man!!! the pvc is actually part of one of many little changes on my list to make it look the best (clean)

thanks so true!!! looks deeper at the beginning i thought it look weird but im d=starting to lov it!!! thanks for the feedback

Looks Awesome sir!!! Glad u finally scraped it!

I know man!!! was about time... your tank definitely had to do with this decision ;) im happy with the change

Agreed. The scraped back looks way better. Making me wish I had painted my background black instead of blue.

Only Justin could look at an amazing tank like that and actually end up critiquing the plumbing.

lol i think blue looks good too my last tank had the blue background but for photographic reasons black gives you a better contrast :)

Tank looks outstanding did the pipefish make it?

thanks man!!! the pipe fish pair are doing great, they are inseparables i will definitely take more shots

Robie, scraped back looks so much better, makes the colors pop better against the background. Can you swing by and show me how it's done?

for sure i will give you a shout later today

Then come and do mine :cheers:

done deal bud!!!

I like it!!!!

thanks

Obviously i have a little more time in my hands now, but not the best time, my medical results from the kidney stone, came back and instead of 1 i have 9 of them and they found a couple of cysts one on each kidney, the doctor still running some test, to determine if i have to get surgery done :why: :cry: , and i might have to go in short term disability on my job .... will see what happends

here a pic of the DIY scraper 1/2 pvc pipe and razor blades will do the trick well,

IMG_8473.jpg

IMG_8476.jpg

IMG_8478.jpg

IMG_8479.jpg

the reason i bended the pipe is for more access though the back of the tank, and the slip fitting is to make it longer or shorter

Make it look and it could be added to the new GSA site as the best new reef tool for 2008.

I want one.

I 'll make one for you no problem, with adjustable size!!! :cheers:

here is a new photo of my LPS patch

IMG_8489.jpg

my 30,000 miles lokani

IMG_8491.jpg

Male Anthias putting order in his harem

IMG_8511.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously i have a little more time in my hands now, but not the best time, my medical results from the kidney stone, came back and instead of 1 i have 9 of them and they found a couple of cysts one on each kidney, the doctor still running some test, to determine if i have to get surgery done :why: :cry: , and i might have to go in short term disability on my job .... will see what happends

Robie-

I hope everything turns out well with the stones. Let me know if you need any help if you're going to be down for any period of time. I can always swing by and give you a hand.

Tank looks great!