Back to the Reef Express

Guest Robzid

Guest Robzid

After 4 years away from the hobby finally last year i had the chance to get back on the Reef Express, my wife Mariana and i bought a townhouse in Va, after living in DC in a small apt. What a great opportunity to get a tank, it was difficult for me look at homes not just picture the space based on the tank of course my wife had no idea i was thinking that but also needed to have a studio to do my work " AH BASEMENT " is mines!!! well this has been a still going project but i can post some development pics.

the basement area was declared my working area

this is how it look when we got the house

IMG_4443.jpg

the carpet had to go!!! so the tile work started

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_5139.jpg

got the tank from Glass Cages 180 eurobrace 72x24x24, and we got Kalua as well

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5108.jpg

this tank had to be built pretty much on a budget SUPERTITE!!! cause we had to do a LOT of remodeling to the house... a LOT... so pretty much for me getting the tank with water and i was a happy camper!!!

DSCF1574.jpg

DSCF1575.jpg

DSCF1588.jpg

My good fried Pepe aka Cubanvet help me BIG time in this project building for me the sump / refugium and prop tank awesome craftsmanship :wig: :rollface:

P1000604.jpg

P1000617.jpg

P1000627.jpg

P1000609.jpg

P1000632.jpg

got 3 20AMP outlets hooked up by Tony AKA Crescent thanks TONI!!!!

DSCF1561.jpg

the filtration is actually in the room next to were the tank is

DSCF1582.jpg

some equipment to get me started

DSCF1559.jpg

DSCF1547.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

The lights in the display are 3-400 watts 20k radiums on lumenarc minis suplemented with VHO's and T-5's

DSCF1948.jpg

DSCF1951.jpg

DSCF1952.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

I was going to build a wood cabinetry but since i had a few boxes of tile leftover from te basement floor decided to use it

IMG_6536.jpg

IMG_6537.jpg

DSCF1967.jpg

DSCF2009.jpg

DSCF2018.jpg

DSCF3594-1.jpg

DSCF3595-1.jpg

DSCF3596.jpg

DSCF3598.jpg

DSCF2328.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robzid

This whole setup is been a 9 months working progress that is continuously tweaking ...

DSCF3634.jpg

DSCF3698.jpg

DSCF3705.jpg

DSCF3721.jpg

thanks Garrett!!! im just really happy to be able to be back in the hobby :cheers:

Guest Robzid

this is one of the cleanest build threads I've ever seen... define supertight budget, I see a lot of high end expensive equipment there.

Well a while ago i design GEO's logo old website, banners flyers and he was paying me back with all the filtration, skimmer/Calcium reactor /Kalkwaiser/fluidized, etc

Chiller i kept from my last system, bulbs & ballast as well

Sump/prop tank & refugium build by Cubanvet buddy of mine!!!! JUST materials COST :cheers:

The rest pretty much from what was left from My home remodeling. :smokin:

Corals payoff designing a website for a aquaruim store in California, and still looking around for local reefers that had some pieces that were in my old system to see if i can get some frags back into this new system, already Copps "Johnny" has bud in and Cubanvet Pepe :fish: :fish: :fish:

Payed for the tank @ Glasscages wich is really the cheapest vendor around (custom) :cheers:

If you substract all that $$$ ;)

and of course ... cant avoid stopping @ BRK once in a white to get some goodies for my tank :biggrin:

Very nice setup. I really like the use of materials on hand, especially the mosaic tile seahorse, nice work.

Wreck

You are a handy man. You did the basement yourself?

Thanks for posting,

Tee

Guest Robzid

You are a handy man. You did the basement yourself?

Thanks for posting,

Tee

the tile work yes, I took 3 weeks last year when we bought the house to work on it there was a LOT of remodeling to do but had contractors hired to do a lot of building that i don't want to get myself in, since my design studio was going to be in the basement pretty much did almost everything but framing and adding a shower on the basement bathroom.

Bendalat is good to be back i bet your tank looks amazing!!! you till got that big efflo? :biggrin:

Guys thanks for the kudos i will keep updating when i every time i can ;)

the tile work yes, I took 3 weeks last year when we bought the house to work on it there was a LOT of remodeling to do but had contractors hired to do a lot of building that i don't want to get myself in, since my design studio was going to be in the basement pretty much did almost everything but framing and adding a shower on the basement bathroom.

Bendalat is good to be back i bet your tank looks amazing!!! you till got that big efflo? :biggrin:

Guys thanks for the kudos i will keep updating when i every time i can ;)

Yes... he still has that big efflo!! It's Amazing!! He had to get a bigger tank for it.

Your setup looks great! Looking forward to seeing it, watching it grow out!

Welcome back, Rob - I'm a newcomer since you were out; starting out slow... just taking my time... 24-gallon nano in December '06. 45 in March, added 33-gallon frag tank in April, replaced 45 with a 58 in May, added a 240 in December '07... Just biding my time, taking it slow and easy... HAH!

Addict is what I am...

bob

Well, well, well... it's about time... Don't think we are just gonna accept you back like you never left and expect everything to be all fine and dandy... ;)

I still have the majority of the sps you stocked my tank with. I'll happily get you started back - just say when.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Robzid

thanks guys for the welcome!!!

Well, well, well... it's about time... Don't think we are just gonna accept you back like you never left and expect everything to be all fine and dandy... ;)

I still have the majority of the sps you stocked my tank with. I'll happily get you started back - just say when.

Cheers

Mike

Mike i will take your word on that ....WHEN.... you tell me i will happily stop by

to pick up some frags ;) send me a pm with your number or gimme a shout 202.3411409

Robie

Very nice setup!!! Congratulations on the new house! My wife and I bought one 2 years ago and we are still going at it as far as remodeling and moving in is concerned.

Guest Robzid

thanks guys !!! :)

Boret, i hear you i just never stop with things in the house!!! :why: :biggrin: