dandy7200's 400g SPS tank

dandy7200

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it become a nuisance or did it die (prior to being removed from water)?

It started receding a few months ago as did all my corals when our second child was born......I just couldn't stand looking at a coral that big half dead, so I removed it. I removed 2 full 5 gallon buckets of similar stories this morning. I lost the cowfish 2 days ago as well.

So now I rethink the whole tank. Super demanding centerpiece speciment perished so my livestock options are considerably open. Justin took a bunch of my SPS to hold while I figure things out, I will probably sell the rest along with most, if not all, of the other corals in the tank. That will really open up some options. Hmm, what to do........

Dan-

So sorry to hear......you had one of the nicest tanks I had seen. Have you considered just a softie/LPS tank? Very low maintenance with most of those and they can grow pretty huge.

Whatever you choose, good luck.

Steve

• 9 months later...

Nooooo. One of the best builds I've ever not seen. The thread was educational and inspiring. It's what got me to redo my entire fish room. Sad sad....

But can't wait to see the thread for the new place!

what comes next?

I'm considering fresh water planted.....

Nooooo. One of the best builds I've ever not seen. The thread was educational and inspiring. It's what got me to redo my entire fish room. Sad sad....

But can't wait to see the thread for the new place!

It's not sad at all, what is sad is when you think you have your "dream tank" and then realize you wont get to do another tank build again. Thank goodness we are past that :)

Dan-

I think you need to go with a softie tank. Lots of color to be had there and low maintenance.

Whatever you plan to do, I'm going to tag along because you always seem to do it well!!

Good luck.

Dan,

I'm starting up a freshwater planted tank as well. Happy to trade notes if you want.

Roni

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ping!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...