danskim's 300g rimless starphire reef

danskim

Picture update!

I adjusted the aquascape a little, but I am still planning on changing it up a bit more... especially on the right side.

I got my fish shipiment from BZA this morning. Everything was healthy, and acclimating went smoothly.

Tank pictures:

260261045_P535h-M.jpg

260260770_yLYSp-M.jpg

260261550_XJ4xq-M.jpg

260274984_6mCR7-M.jpg

Just two bulbs firing on each fixture. They are ATI Blue Plus. The return is temporary until I get my replacement WavySea. I'm also attaching a Tunze 6100 on the WavySea. (The fixtures were up high while I was rearranging the aquascape).

Here is the fish stock list now:

1 Purple Tang

1 Yellow Tang

1 Yellow Eye Kole Tang

1 Christmas Wrasse

1 Six-line Wrasse

1 Flame Angel

1 Pixie Hawkfish

2 A. Ocellaris

5 Lyretail Anthias

5 Bartlett's Anthias

11 Yellow-tailed Blue Damsel

13 Green Chromis

So, there are 43 fish total.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the open rock work in the tank!!! sometimes things get too crowded in tanks(including mine) but that LOOKS GOOD!! :clap:

Your setup looks great. I have been studying your pictures of your tank. I did not see a center brace. Does this tank utilize the eurosystem of having a rim of glass around the perimeter to allow removal of the center brace. This is the first I have seen this system, if so.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

There is no center brace. It's a rimless tank. It uses extra thick glass (3/4" thick) and there's an inside glass brace on the bottom pane.

(edited)
Thanks for all the compliments guys.

There is no center brace. It's a rimless tank. It uses extra thick glass (3/4" thick) and there's an inside glass brace on the bottom pane.

That is a great way of doing it. No center brace, I like it. Also I luv the way the rimless tank looks. Nice and clean. The only way I have seen it done before was where they put the perimeter glass brace around the top.

Edited by Highland Reefer

Is this in the wrong forum? but its a very nice tank I am impressed love the rimless look

That is a great way of doing it. No center brace, I like it. Also I luv the way the rimless tank looks. Nice and clean. The only way I have seen it done before was where they put the perimeter glass brace around the top.

Oh, sorry... now I see what you meant. I read your post too fast, but yeah I don't have that extra brace either.

i love the open rock work in the tank!!! sometimes things get too crowded in tanks(including mine) but that LOOKS GOOD!! :clap:

Yeah... that's how I felt with my old tank. Way too little room for corals to grow. It was hard to imagine how much space the corals take up. I felt really bad because they started attacking each other. Some even swallowed others' branches :( But I guess that happens in cruel nature too ;)

Is this in the wrong forum?

Sorry, but Dan has let his membership expire so the thread is not allowed in the tank forum. It can stay here in the general forums until he renews (Dan, come on back!). It will still get plenty of exposure here.

Nice tank, by the way, I also like the look and the sparse rock.

Here are a few more :)

261089189_nKUeB-M.jpg

261088534_XBj8f-M.jpg

261087587_72QvL-M.jpg

261086803_jSmvD-M.jpg

261088141_RaeVy-M.jpg

Oh, and as you can see, the WavySea is back. I have to attach the 6100 to the holder then there should be good flow :)

really beautiful tank there

Your tank looks beautiful!

How are your Bartlett's Anthias? I'm ordering 5 from BZA, just wondering how the fish arrived.

Mohsin

Your tank looks beautiful!

How are your Bartlett's Anthias? I'm ordering 5 from BZA, just wondering how the fish arrived.

Mohsin

Very healthy... I really like them, and they seem more friendly with other fish than the lyretails I have.

I'm a little sad because I can't seem to find one of the 5. I saw her last night, so hopefully she's just on guard duty where they sleep haha.

Nice tank indeed. What is the light configuration on your ATI Powermodules?

3 - ATI Blue plus

2 - ATI AquaBlue 12000K Special

1 - UVL AquaSun

1 - Sfiligoi Super Actinic 03

1 - GE 6500K

in each fixture.

I think I'm gonna swap out the UVL AquaSun for another AquaBlue and the Super Actinic with another Blue Plus.

Thanks guys.

I'm going to try my best to clean and organize the sump area, so I can take pictures of that too. I've been asked more than a few times haha... although it's nothing special.

I also need to hook up the RDSB and refugium and then skin the stand.

Here is something that is worth considering on Danskim's rimless tank,

" 96x31.5x24.5 in 3/4 glass. Front and right panes are PPG Starphire. It is built by GlassCages.

1-1.5" SSB "

At least we know one custom built tank by GlassCages.

Danskim: do you have any good/not too good experience dealing with GlassCages?

Here is something that is worth considering on Danskim's rimless tank,

" 96x31.5x24.5 in 3/4 glass. Front and right panes are PPG Starphire. It is built by GlassCages.

1-1.5" SSB "

At least we know one custom built tank by GlassCages.

Danskim: do you have any good/not too good experience dealing with GlassCages?

I'm happy with my tank, but the attention to detail is no where as good as AGE, Miracles, or AO. The tank is well built though.

If I could do it again, I'd pay the premium for one of those manufacturers for peace of mind.

My experience overall has not been good. The first few calls were okay and decently polite, but the lady (I heard she is the owner's wife) is very rude and undependable. They gave me the runaround with the delivery date. It was supposed to be delivered 4 months before it actually was.