Getting out of the hobby sale

I had a flood... 3rd floor of a house... parentals really pissed. I'm being forced to sell all...

So here is the list.

75 Gallon AGA reef ready: $125 $110 100

Will need plumming, black trim

4 x 110 watt VHOs: $25 o.b.o 20 obo

(bulbs run (age unknown, built in reflectors I belive, as well as a single reflector for all 4 bulbs, water proof end caps (wired, no ballast)

Loc Line: $70 65

55 x 5.75" lenghts of blue genuin loc line (will go as a lot) 1/4"

Top Fin 20 Hob filter: $10 $8

Never used still in the wrapper (same as tetra (same parts and filters)) carries a life time no questions asked warrenty at any Pet Smart in the US.

8 Watt (I belive) UV bulb ballast: Free Just plain free

Free with any purchase fist come first serve

Reeflo Sequence Dart: $195 $185 180

In good condition (a little rust spots) still under warrenty as I understand, comes with some plumming

(Union and 90 elbow)

6 x 54 T5's: $270 $255 250

(Individual reflectors, run by three ballasts, there are two power cords, and should be nearly a year of good burn time on the bulbs)

2 x 27 watt PC bulbs: $10 $8

6500k I belive, brand new panasonic bulbs, square pin

Fluval 404: $45

Only needs an impeller, other than that works great

150 watt Titanium heater with controller: $15 12

Controller is analog

Wave master pro with 4 MJ 1200 power heads: $120

Two hang on rim mounts, two suction cup mounts are in use. I might have more else where

I will take paypal, buyer responsible for 3% transaction fee.

Edited by jason the filter freak

Noooo.... Sorry to hear that, man. What caused the flood?

so sorry! you're one of the last people I would think would be going out :(

so are you even going to be continuing the nano projects or are those out too?

Did your tank crack again or was there another point of failure? I hope you were there when it happened to try to minimize as much damage as possible...

--Mike

Guest NSC

Sorry to hear it, time heals all wounds as they say any chance your folks will chill out after the water dries? Or maybe respond to a "Save Jason" petition in the forum?

Wow... that sucks! But, as a parental - our houses are our biggest investments, and we hate to see them damaged. Tell them you need a large, heated/cooled shed out back for your 240 next year.

You'll have to hobby vicariously through the mermaid's tank for a while, it appears.

bob

You'll have to hobby vicariously through the mermaid's tank for a while, it appears.

bob

This is probably whats going to happen...

Basically, any one rember those float switches I donated last meeting... I should have figured out how to use them.

I had a 5 gallon bucket under my tank that I kept top off water in, I had a power head and a hose hooked to it going into my tank. I flipped the power head on, takes about 5 minutes of running to top off my tank... well on of my dads chinchillas was in labor and I needed to check on her. Well the chin came out alright (took about ten minutes) walked back up stairs into the kitchen and low and behold theres a puddle of water on the floor. Comming from the celing, the entire bucket emptied into my tank (my tank only needed about a gallon.)

New item added

I will remain active.. though probably not as active...(probably to some peoples relief :lol: ) I'm trying to talk them into something maybe a 40 breeder with redundant back up systems and better equipment. I will continue the nano project, and will continue to try to help wamas as I can including staying on the TOTM comittee.

move to the basement, as they said, if you can

yea something similar to that happened to me which is why i got the 180 and moved it to an alternate location. i hope your parents are nicer than mine cuz it wasnt happening for me. i hope you dont have to get out completely or the only ones left will be old geezers

Been there done it.Everybody learns the hard way.let the heat wear down and see waht happens.

Curtis

Guest Bethesda_Jim

Sorry about your troubles, man. YGPM

Price drop

C'mon, why all the gloom and doom here? You know he's just going to go crazier with his girlfriend's tank now and that he'll be getting another tank soon enough! I'll bet his mom will go crazy when he starts doing nano mods even more now that he's going to be without a bigger tank and when she starts finding more and more chips from drilling wood, glass, pvc, and acrylic she'll relent and ask him to simply get the big tank and be done with all of the little ones!