Not a fan of softies

Leishman

IF this thing is actually BLUE, I'll appreciate it if you would put me on a waiting list for a small morsel of Precious???!!!

We might :biggrin:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh - it's blue... even in its deflated, somewhat disheveled state, I could see that it's blue, and has the little sparklies in it.

I gave the 'good piece' to Eve; the one that was still floating upside down attached to styrofoam.

To Steve, I gave the piece that fell off the styrofoam, and lost half its water. It also lost a few mini-frags - polyps that were broken off from the piece of rock bouncing on the 'xenia'. But basically, they are both very nice sized frags. We are of course expecting pictures as soon as they are acclimated and re-inflated. If Steve puts the mini-bits in a cup of rubble with bridal veil, maybe we'll have a couple of extra 'starter colonies' growing.

bob

The precious cargo is home and acclimating. Visitation can be arranged :-)

Thanks to Steve and Bob!

I'll try to give a report later after it's in the tank but it looks fine.

WELL, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND TO YOU ANYWAY!

:clap:

Unfortunately the piece that I got is beaten up pretty badly. It looks like the stalk has a big hunk of flesh taken out of it and it's turning white. I'm trying to work out something with Eric at fragfarmer. I'm going to try to get another frag or a refund. I will keep everyone posted.

Steve

The precious cargo is home and acclimating. Visitation can be arranged :-)

Thanks to Steve and Bob!

I'll try to give a report later after it's in the tank but it looks fine.

Can you include pics?? :biggrin: We want to see our sponsor child!

Unfortunately the piece that I got is beaten up pretty badly. It looks like the stalk has a big hunk of flesh taken out of it and it's turning white. I'm trying to work out something with Eric at fragfarmer. I'm going to try to get another frag or a refund. I will keep everyone posted.

Steve

Nuts. Do whatever you can to make it (and it's pieces) happy. I had a pice of green singularia run away on me and when finally found it was completely white and hard. I treated it like it was going to come back in case it could and it did - It's all green again and filled out full-size now.

'Ric

don't worry......it's being pampered. Problem is the rock repeatedly pounded the stalk and there is a huge chunk of flesh taken out of it.

all the little pieces are in a container with rubble and covered to prevent them from blowing away. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

don't worry......it's being pampered. Problem is the rock repeatedly pounded the stalk and there is a huge chunk of flesh taken out of it.

all the little pieces are in a container with rubble and covered to prevent them from blowing away. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

The poooor little baby! She's been abused! Fedex guy doesn't understand FRAGILE??

It's a decent sized frag, so with pampering, maybe she will come back to life. And maybe the mini-frags will grow.

bob

These pics are so bad that they are only good for showing that the baby is in the tank and slowly relaxing!

Here's a little while after I put it in the tank. I was too tired and didn't even think about taking a pic when I first got home.

bluexenia1.jpg

Here's a little while later

bluexenia2.jpg

And this is around 8-9:00 pm or so.

bluexenia3.jpg

These pics are so bad that they are only good for showing that the baby is in the tank and slowly relaxing!

Here's a little while after I put it in the tank. I was too tired and didn't even think about taking a pic when I first got home.

bluexenia3.jpg

She looks fairly happy already in there! I hope Steve's baby recovers from a very tough trip.

bob

I don't think mine is going to recover. It is over on it's side and has turned completely white. It seems the rock came off the styrofoam in shipping and and just beat it to death. I have a couple of the pieces that tore off in a tub of rubble........lets hope they attach.

I sent fragfarmer pics of the bag as it arrived and pics of the bleached stalk after it acclimated. Hopefully he is going to send us a replacement frag. I'll keep you posted.

***UPDATE***

The frag is still leaning over on it's side.......but it's still attached to the rock. Eric at Fragfarmer said this is a good sign. It actually looks to be getting some color back as well. I'm going to prop it up with another piece of live rock......this is supposed to be less stressful on the stalk.

I have 1 little piece that broke off that has all of its color. I've got it in a tub of rubble so hopefully that will be our first frag. I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm still waiting on payment from 1 person. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow I'm going to offer it up to someone else.

***UPDATE***

The frag is still leaning over on it's side.......but it's still attached to the rock. Eric at Fragfarmer said this is a good sign. It actually looks to be getting some color back as well. I'm going to prop it up with another piece of live rock......this is supposed to be less stressful on the stalk.

I have 1 little piece that broke off that has all of its color. I've got it in a tub of rubble so hopefully that will be our first frag. I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm still waiting on payment from 1 person. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow I'm going to offer it up to someone else.

Not only less stressful, but if it's like xenia - it will take the opportunity to put down some new 'roots'. I would suggest just a dollop of super-glue to keep the rock next to it despite all the efforts of the hermits and snails. It will still be easy to separate the piece of rock when the time comes. We're all cheering for your frag! Eric called me today; asked for Steve. Only took a minute to figure that one out. I use a tub of rubble and some very 'open' bridal veil netting to talk mushrooms into attaching themselves. Which reminds me. One of those green laser mushrooms just suddenly appeared - full grown - in a place it wasn't supposed to be. Having seen small ones floating in the current, I think sometimes they just 'parachute' around looking for a nice place to live.

bob

I just made my payment... now I just have to wait a few months for my frag.. :/ How does it look in the tank eve?? hard to tell from the pictures how blue it is.

It's not as blue as their pic but I think their pic was taken under 20K? Under my VHO's it's sort of like a pale blue/purple color. I have it next to a piece of pink pom pom and you can definitely tell the difference, but it's not a deep dark purple. In the pic I posted, it's kind of leaning over. Now it's standing straight up and I'm going to move a rock next to it to encourage it to spread out.

Anyone with camera skills is welcome to come and take a good pic for everyone.

:cry: I can't believe it. 4 pages...I should have read this thread when it was first posted and gotten in on this venture. :cry:

So has a list been started for all of us poor saps that didn't get in on round one? If so, please add me for a piece of this beauty.

Is it FRAGGABLE YET?

Is it FRAGGABLE YET?

Is it FRAGGABLE YET?

Is it FRAGGABLE YET?

:lol2:

:cry: I can't believe it. 4 pages...I should have read this thread when it was first posted and gotten in on this venture. :cry:

So has a list been started for all of us poor saps that didn't get in on round one? If so, please add me for a piece of this beauty.

You could always just place another order. Looks like there's sufficient interest.

tim

***More good news***

The frag looks to be getting it's color back in most areas. all of the branches are actually standing up even though the main stalk is still leaning over. I don't think the main stalk will ever recover but at least it's looking like it's going to survive.

Well, it certainly looks a lot better than it did in the bag...

bob

Trust me, it got worse than it looked in the bag before it started getting better.