Not a fan of softies

Leishman

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks goosed...artificially colored...

don't buy...

It's real. Eric runs one of the most stand up shops in the hobby and deals in some real rare stuff.

looks goosed...artificially colored...

don't buy...

Must DISAGREE with you...

It's real. Eric runs one of the most stand up shops in the hobby and deals in some real rare stuff.

... and AGREE with Rik 100%

$100 for a 2" frag? I'll pass for now unless somebody wants to split risk with me 50/50.

This is a blue Xenia and I really want one for lo-o-ong time... :(

blue xenia is really pretty and what I have "heard" from others is that it doesn't grow as fast as the more common xenia. I have no experience with it, it's just what I heard.

Sandy

$100 for a 2" frag? I'll pass for now unless somebody wants to split risk with me 50/50.

This is a blue Xenia and I really want one for lo-o-ong time... :(

I'll split the risk if YOU grow it :) While my xenia's have done very well - I'm in the middle of changing tanks. That is an ODD looking blue xenia. Most of them are just barely blue, and you can really tell them by the 'sparkles' of iridescence showing through the branches. But I assume 'odd' in this case is 'rare and valuable'. If you/we were successful in growing it and propagating it, I'm sure we could find a few people in WAMAS that would be willing to help defray the cost for a locally-obtained piece. I'll even share my secrets of xenia 'fragging'. AND I just happen to be planning a trip to your place anyhow.

bob

I'll split the risk if YOU grow it :) While my xenia's have done very well - I'm in the middle of changing tanks. That is an ODD looking blue xenia. Most of them are just barely blue, and you can really tell them by the 'sparkles' of iridescence showing through the branches. But I assume 'odd' in this case is 'rare and valuable'. If you/we were successful in growing it and propagating it, I'm sure we could find a few people in WAMAS that would be willing to help defray the cost for a locally-obtained piece. I'll even share my secrets of xenia 'fragging'. AND I just happen to be planning a trip to your place anyhow.

bob

I'm scared of growing Xenia in my tank. I killed a few frags already :eek:

(edited)

I'd go in on the cost and depending on what you guys think i could clear a place in my tank. I'm sure you guys have much nicer setups though. I saw this stuff on the site and thought it would look awesome and w/ 3 people only $30

Edited by lletellier

I'd go in on the cost and depending on what you guys think i could clear a place in my tank. I'm sure you guys have much nicer setups though. I saw this stuff on the site and thought it would look awesome and w/ 3 people only $30

Good idea - I'll chip in 1/3!

'Ric

Xenia grows like mad in my tank......I can't kill the stuff. I'll go in 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/2 with someone.

Oh, good :)

One person takes responcibility for growing. Should we order?

I will order it for delivery on Friday. Hopefully we'll get a 3" frag out of it!!!

Let me know my share - I'll PayPal it to you .

(edited)

Let me know my share - I'll PayPal it to you .

ditto! :clap:

So with lletellier this makes four of us! He has a potential tank set up, too. Do we want to frag the first frag in 1/2 and then 1/2 again once each piece grows? (also gives us a back-up in case one doesn't survive)

'Ric

Edited by 'Ric

Maybe we should try to negotiate a bigger frag?

I think splitting is a good idea to make sure we have a backup. When frags double in size we just split them again to get shares.

Maybe we should try to negotiate a bigger frag?

I think splitting is a good idea to make sure we have a backup. When frags double in size we just split them again to get shares.

I can drop by Steve's house to pay my share. Whatever it's down to now. :)

bob

This is like buying stock :-)

How do I get in on "futures"?

You might be able still get to "shares".

You are always welcome to get into my waiting list too :)

You might be able still get to "shares".

You are always welcome to get into my waiting list too :)

Well, if we get enough interest we could get 2 frags. So far I count 6 people......if all 6 commit it will be $40 a piece for 2 frags and shipping. Let me know soon as I plan to order tomorrow.

You can count me in if this happens. I'll check the thread in the morning.

I'm in for $40. :rollface:

'Ric