Jacquelineae SPS Coral

Caribbean Jake

I look all over the internet for reference and information, but can't get an exact match of a comparable picture. I want to know the flow requirements, habits, feeding likes and so forth. Anyone out there in WAMAS has something similar ?

Story behind the coral;

Ok, I go into BRK (three weeks ago) and see this beautiful coral standing on the edge of an egg crate. I ask Johnny, what type of coral is that.. and he say. "It is a Jacquelineae SPS coral, and is not cheap". I love it so I brought it home and took two pictures, here they are. By the way, I am no photographer so what the camera did is what picture I got, no tricks or alterations on this picture. The first picture is without a flash, the second I used a flash.

med_gallery_276_13_96650.jpg

med_gallery_276_13_312982.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Similar shape (probably the same species?) but different coloration than:

http://www.danj.com/reef/corals_detail.php?coral_id=64 (I think leishman id'd this as a jacquelineae)...

Dave

I should add.. it didn't like high light in my tank and is currently in the sand bed of my T5 lit tank...(and doing very well)... slow grower compared to other corals though.

Dave

thanks for the input. I have mine about 1/3 off the surface under 250W MH 10K USHIO, and I can see polyps extended. I keep it there next to the ORA Blue Tort I got from BRK few month ago for comparison on behavior and feeding schedules.

Add me to your Fraggle Listing Sir! :)

I can definitely tell you exactly what that is, probably. Just drop a small frag by my house and I'll gladly give you a full analysis.

darn IT !!!!!

I wondered where that coral went!

Looks like that coral is doing Really Really well.

-Byron

darn IT !!!!!

I wondered where that coral went!

Looks like that coral is doing Really Really well.

-Byron

Don't you hate it when people leave themselves logged in?

I sure do

-Byron

Beautiful coral, but not an Acropora jacquelineae. Check the whelk/aims coralsearch (from the Australian Government) link below:

Whelk link

Add me to the frag list........

-Rik

Thanks Rik, I went to that web site and that's what prompted this post. There are so many other Acro SPS that look much more than this rather than the Jacquelineae SPS. I put a list together and sent it to few WAMAS to compare, but I forgot to keep a copy of it. I will do a new research and post again with possible options.

Ok here are the possible SPS acroporas that may match this specie, and exhibit the same polyp pattern formation. It may be one of the following, and it may not be... I am using the following web site for comparison; http://www.meerwasser-lexikon.de/eng/95/0/...orals%20SPS.htm

Batunai

Echinata

Graulosa

Navini

Plana

Sarmentosa

Tortuosa

Turaki

put me in the beggars line

Add me to your Fraggle Listing Sir! :)

a small frag

Add me to the frag list........

list for frags... :biggrin:

Ok, then $35 per frag times 5 = $175.. darn!! still does not pay for what I bought it for... :scuba:

I will let you know when it comes time to frag guys... you are on record. :clap:

Ok, then $35 per frag times 5 = $175.. darn!! still does not pay for what I bought it for... :scuba:

I will let you know when it comes time to frag guys... you are on record. :clap:

10 1/4" frags.... @$35.... Why, that big coral will hardly notice!

bob

Me too!

With the way things grow in your tank, I'm betting it won't be long.

:biggrin:

thanks guys... yeap... somehow these babies grow quick in my tank.

I will let everyone know when they are ready. Just need to keep this list handy... you know cause at my age.... we tend to forget :clap:

Here is the list in ascending order based on request. $35 each per frag (Size TBD)

1. Doug - Dbarco

2. Howard

3. Emissary

4. Rik - Leishman

5. Adrienne - Sugar Magnolia

6. Jamal

7. Chris - 143Gadgets

8. Bob - Lanman

9. Chirs - Rio Reef

10. Rascal

11. Sleeper

Jacob,

Can you take a picture from a different angle?

Hard to see from this one, looks like Blue Popcorn

Looks like the Acropora batunai?

shiznit, put me in the beggars line

have similar in yellow/green doing well high directly under the 400W, and high flow.

Doug can I be first on your frag list :biggrin:

Jacob,

Can you take a picture from a different angle?

Hard to see from this one, looks like Blue Popcorn

Looks like the Acropora batunai?

Howard

I tried but I keep getting blurie images. It is best if you come and see it in person. LMK

Jacob

:cheers:

Cool, I work around 6-8pm weekdays, will give you a call?

Would love to see your setup again!