To all those that got a frag from me at meeting

Grav

Hi all,

I had the 30 gallon ish tank with lots of light at the end of the hall, thanks to everyone that picked up a frag.

Including those that got one in the raffle, if you have questions or problems with anything you got from me, send a PM and let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help, including replacements (within reason) as needed.

Phil

the superman cap you sold me has already died. Can I get a new one?

edited: this was an attempt at trying to be funny and playing a joke on Grav. I didn't even buy anything and from what I've heard all of his frags are doing quite well in their new tanks.

Edited by jamesbuf

well if it makes you feel better the supergirl and the milli are doing quite well

Including those that got one in the raffle

I don't know if the one I have is yours or not but I got it thru the raffle.... plastic baggie with rubber band at top??? I need to get a pic so I can identify what it is that I have.... kind of a flat piece of coral on a square plug, whitish looking, with little tiny polyps.... if that makes sense... I'll try and get a pic...

anyway, thanks for the donations.... I love them!!!

:clap:

:cheers:

Guest Dr.FuManchu

I purchased a few pieces from you, blue Monti Digi, green Monti Digi, Orange Monti Digi. All are doing great, they had almost immediate polyp extension. By the way, with hard corals that have been in transit in bags, bowls, or buckets I usually just place in the tank right away. No acclimation and have not lost one yet.

mine are all looking good

Well that was quick. PM Sent.

Feel free to post good news too!!

I guess I shouldn't have posted that right before bed last night. It was meant as a joke, man. Sorry. I tried to think of one of the most expensive and rarer corals. I really didn't think you'd even take the bait. I guess I never was that good of a prankster. Sorry for any confusion guys.

Edited by jamesbuf

Ok, I obviously upset at least one person since I'm getting PMs. Everyone knows the frags were amazing looking and I would've bought some myself if I wasn't in the process of downgrading. I'll go edit my original post so it doesn't get any more feathers ruffled. Jeez.

Edited by jamesbuf

(edited)

Thanks all, glad everything is doing well.

James, you did have me going there. However, I was very clear with everyone that got the supergirl that I didn't think it was a true superman, so I had a feeling "SOMETHING" was up. Glad it was a joke as opposed to a real loss or someone trying to take advantage. No hard feelings.

I don't know if the one I have is yours or not but I got it thru the raffle.... plastic baggie with rubber band at top??? I need to get a pic so I can identify what it is that I have.... kind of a flat piece of coral on a square plug, whitish looking, with little tiny polyps.... if that makes sense... I'll try and get a pic...

anyway, thanks for the donations.... I love them!!!

:clap:

:cheers:

That sounds like one of mine.

Whitish? Hmmm, not sure. What color are the polyps? A pic would help.

Edited by Grav

I got two frags from you in the raffle. Thank you! :bb: I was wondering if you could help me ID them real quick. Here are some pics:

This first one has a purple looking tip even though it doesn't show well in the picture.

04d93a86.jpg

2c64358f.jpg

Hi all,

I had the 30 gallon ish tank with lots of light at the end of the hall, thanks to everyone that picked up a frag.

Including those that got one in the raffle, if you have questions or problems with anything you got from me, send a PM and let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help, including replacements (within reason) as needed.

Phil

I think I might have bought a frag from you... Okay - 10! But don't tell everyone! I don't see ANY of my frags that aren't doing super. Including the FREE BONUS (a little 1/4" piece of brain coral that I found in the bottom of a bag - even IT has polyps on it). One day I'll have you over to identify them all. Yeah - I know the birdsnest is a birdsnest, and the fuzzy one must be a milli, and the digi is a digi - and did I get that reddish-purple monti cap from you? That is a nice color! And the fungia frag is all puffed up and colorful waving his little thingies around - looks just like a grown fungia - but square!

Anyhow my new frag tank looks like an old frag tank now, thanks to those of you I purchased frags from at the meeting! Thanks to all for a great time!

bob

Fry,

The 1st is a purple monti Digi, the 2nd is an orange monti digi.

Both like a fair bit of light and flow. The unmounted one can be attached using a gel super glue. Use as little as you can, but get good contact area between the frag and rock.

Bob, if you found a tan w/ green center brain polyp in one of my bags it must have been a favia. Lucky you!!

So far, everyone seems to have done well with the possible exception of a frogspwan frag that I'm waiting for an update on. Other than that, and one clever half back-fired prank, it seems everyone made it. I find this stunning given that between trades, sales and raffle donations I parted ways with over 50 frags on Sunday.

Now there is room to start fragging again!!!

Moooohoooohaaaaahaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You know how, you know something but then someone asks and you forget.... it eventually comes back to you? That didn't happen and it is driving me crazy.

I've actually ordered a few new coral books just to help in the search. I'm sick of searching for them on the web.

You know how, you know something but then someone asks and you forget.... it eventually comes back to you? That didn't happen and it is driving me crazy.

I've actually ordered a few new coral books just to help in the search. I'm sick of searching for them on the web.

Maybe the one you called supergirl?

bob

I won one and put it in my tank. However, I did a poor job fastening it to the rock, so it toppled over. It appears to have moved itself, and seems to be doing well.

Am I imagining that it repositioned itself? Do I need to refasten it?

Edited by Alok

Tom, that is great! Glad to hear it.

Bob, no those are 2 different coral. It isn't a monti, but close. I had the name and forgot it.

Alok, What kind of coral is it? I think the only one I had that is able to move on it's own is the plate coral frags... those should just go on the sand.

Phil