New Member from DC

Hi my name is Aaron Parker and I live in upper NW DC. I am new to WAMAS and plan on setting up a 75 gallon reef tank. Since this will be my first try setting up a reef I am planning to keep:soft corals, mushroom coral, toadstools, zooanthids, pulsing xenia and several small SW fish. I am in the process of setting up a web site to document my progress as well as my other interests. I have just started a new job with the US Department of Homeland Security and I have lived in DC most of my life. :fish:

triggerfish, if you would like a free frag of xenia i got from another member you are welcome to it.

I live in NW DC as well. If you ever want to check out my setup, your more than welcome. I have a couple people coming by Saturday if your interested.

Hi my name is Aaron Parker and I live in upper NW DC. I am new to WAMAS and plan on setting up a 75 gallon reef tank. Since this will be my first try setting up a reef I am planning to keep:soft corals, mushroom coral, toadstools, zooanthids, pulsing xenia and several small SW fish. I am in the process of setting up a web site to document my progress as well as my other interests. I have just started a new job with the US Department of Homeland Security and I have lived in DC most of my life. :fish:

Welcome Aaron, Bob here. I live near U Street/Convention Ctr. I am @ 10 months with my 150 g. reef and have many of the things you are planning on growing. Willing to add any moral support, shared trips to fish stores, meetings etc. and especially mistakes I have learned from :cry:

Welcome Aaron, Bob here. I live near U Street/Convention Ctr. I am @ 10 months with my 150 g. reef and have many of the things you are planning on growing. Willing to add any moral support, shared trips to fish stores, meetings etc. and especially mistakes I have learned from :cry:

Man, I hope your tank isn't near a window. Too many bullets flying around that area of town for a fish tank to be safe:). More around 7th and O St, but none the less.

Man, I hope your tank isn't near a window. Too many bullets flying around that area of town for a fish tank to be safe:). More around 7th and O St, but none the less.

LOL...Tang I have lived here for 23 years without problems. Its all perception. However, having to drive to the Boonies for aquatic life is a drag. (Frankly, 270 and 495 is more frightening to me) :smokin:

Yeah, I think NE DC is much worse in some areas. I walk dogs there and in 1 week between the hours of 11 am and 4 pm there were 3 shootings within a 4 block radius. Not fun!!

Sandy

Edited by smarsh97

LOL...Tang I have lived here for 23 years without problems. Its all perception. However, having to drive to the Boonies for aquatic life is a drag. (Frankly, 270 and 495 is more frightening to me) :smokin:

Ha, I'm a Third Distric narcotics officer, the bullets fly around 5th and O, 7th and O and lots of other areas of 3D. The only good part is that they miss each other more than they hit-too bad for the cars and houses in the area.

Correction, one hit on Saturday, killed. Always a bad thing to happen, having been on the scenes of several homicides its always a disturbing event.

Edited by martin

If you ask me, 6 and 7D are the only way to go - but nobody did. So... Triggerfish, welcome to the club, and dont be afraid to ask any questions. Everyone in this club is amazingly helpful, and don't scoff at any question (like some other sites).

If you ask me, 6 and 7D are the only way to go - but nobody did. So... Triggerfish, welcome to the club, and dont be afraid to ask any questions. Everyone in this club is amazingly helpful, and don't scoff at any question (like some other sites).

6D-7D? Hmm isn't that over in PG county somewhere:)