Attendees:

1. Lynn.reef.nerd
  2. DFR
  3. cpeguero
  4. Abe
  5. Marley1083
  6. George S

[Edited - Background]

Hi everyone -- I've wanted to go on a tank tour since joining the WAMAS community years ago, but I haven't seen many offered -- COVID definitely slowed down that desire with many people. Now that my tank is in pretty good shape, I'd like to host one myself. I view these opportunities as a two-way street: I want to show you the things that I think make the system work really well, but I also want feedback/tips/tricks/criticism from attendees on what I can do better. What might fail? What could I add (or subtract) to improve my enjoyment of the tank and its maintenance? You get the idea. 

• Time: TBD in February 2022 - likely a Saturday morning @ 10:00am
  • Slots: 6 people total -- COVID being what it is, I want to limit the number of people in the fish room and display area so everyone has enough room to move around comfortably
  • My wife and I have a youngling, so I would like to ask that everyone in attendance show proof of vaccination ahead of time. If that's not your thing, I completely understand, but it's the entry fee for our house these days
  • Topics of interest to me: Calcium reactor or 2-part? What is your favorite DIY fish food recipe? Flow and lighting in the context of an aqua scape 

If you're interested, post here and I'll keep you up to speed as we get toward the last month of 2021.

Thanks! -Justin

IMG_6564.JPG

IMG_6889.JPG

Edited by Blue Tang Clan

Depending on when I could be in, I have a pretty hectic work schedule these days. 

I wouldn't be able to offer you any advice as I'm a total newb but I would love to join the tour and learn. If that 6th spot is open and I you would allow me to come Id love to be there!

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, George S. said:

@Blue Tang ClanGood morning, any update on which Saturday you might do this or are you possibly putting this on hold?

Morning -- I've been contemplating pushing this out a bit more due to Omicron. I'm fully vaccinated and barely go anywhere, but my one trip to the post office gifted me COVID-19 last week.

Keeping everyone safe is my first concern so I'm going to update the Post #1 to reflect February. Let's hope the world calms down a little by then.

• Blue Tang Clan changed the title to Tank Tour: 550 Gallon + Fish Room: February 2022
3 hours ago, Blue Tang Clan said:

Morning -- I've been contemplating pushing this out a bit more due to Omicron. I'm fully vaccinated and barely go anywhere, but my one trip to the post office gifted me COVID-19 last week.

Keeping everyone safe is my first concern so I'm going to update the Post #1 to reflect February. Let's hope the world calms down a little by then.

Sounds like a plan sir! Sorry you got hit with it! Hope you are better or on the mend. Look forward to meeting you and the others. 

• 6 months later...

I’ve been buying and selling a ton on WAMAS so I think tank tours will be 1:1 with frag purchases going forward. My wife keeps giving me side eye because of the time I take away from our toddler for hobby activities so I need to streamline things!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 10:50 PM, Blue Tang Clan said:

I’ve been buying and selling a ton on WAMAS so I think tank tours will be 1:1 with frag purchases going forward. My wife keeps giving me side eye because of the time I take away from our toddler for hobby activities so I need to streamline things!

LOL. Been there....