• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's this morning.

Sorry for the dirty glass. 8)

It's lots of zoas, a few ricordia, a little bit of SPS, and a bunch of snails and bristleworms.  The fish didn't make it, the hermit crabs also die.  I don't think there is enough for them to eat and the tank doesn't do well with lots of nutrient additions.  I just run some floss in the filter area and sometimes a small bag of carbon.  I do a half gallon water change every 2 days.

PXL_20210703_145124002_MP.thumb.jpg.e59de70c1a9037d87eb3f79dc781dc0c.jpg

Looking good. What is the SPS, is that a digitata? How is it faring in the tank....are you adding 2 part or something like that?

Yes, bubblegum digi on left and anacropora on the right.

They don't grow much, but I figure they get some of what they need from the water changes.  I had a birdsnest in there too but it croaked in the crash.

10 minutes ago, Cris said:

looks great

Thanks.  I'm staying on top of a little bit of aiptasia with Aiptasia-X from Red Sea.  I'm pretty good at getting the white goop right in their mouths.  I'm also staying on top of a little bit of bubble algae (valonia) by physically removing it.  If it was red valonia I'd keep it because I think it's pretty, but the green stuff has to go.

I'm getting lots of side polyps from the zoas already, so thanks to the members who sold them to me.  They were healthy!

I lost a fruit loops frag somewhere.  Amazing that a rock with zoas on it can go completely missing in such a small tank, but it's nowhere.  Bizarro.  I do like the tiny fruit loops polyps, though, so at some point I'm interested in getting a nice sized frag of that and some more ricordia colors.  The green ones are multiplying and seem to be doing fine.

• 1 year later...

Hey, yeah, I do have it.  Just a few snails and zoas. 

I'm considering an 18" cube or Isaac's 20g peninsula, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything.  I want something small and around 20-30g total volume.