Dr. Office tanks

treesprite

Am I the only one who complains to the staff at doctors offices about the obvious problems with their tanks?

This place I have been going for my back injury, has a tank that disturbs me more than the back injury does. I am sure 99.9% of the people who go there don't even realize the issues, but naturally I noticed several things immediately. It hurts that I can't make someone fix it.

This place called hunan manor by Brunswick bowling alley has a huge salt tank filled with every fish imaginable with no regard for comparability. Every fish is covered in injuries and it’s the saddest thing I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a saltwater tank on the Ground Floor of Loudoun Hospital near Ashburn. I'm pretty sure that it's professionally maintained. It's a young tank but it looks good overall.

My dentist has a really nice, large freshwater tank set up. Again, probably professionally maintained and looking good.

I've been curious as to who maintains these tanks but often staff has no clue. I suspect that I'd have to go to the finance people to find out who they're writing checks to in order to find out.

I go see a surgeon in Rockville from time to time named Dr Alan Kravitz.  He has a 55 gallon saltwater fish only that I think is maintained by Tanks for Your Business.  It always looks pretty good, even if it's a bit boring.  At least the fish look healthy.

(edited)

The place I'm talking about has a corner tank that has huge parrot fish and huge balas in it with no room to swim. They literally have to get out of each other's way. A couple of them have messed up eyes. There is barely any circulation in the water, just a small movement at the surface from a very weak filter output. There is a single small airstone in the tank that only makes one or two bubbles at a time because it has slimy black stuff on it (assuming fw cyano). The glass is clean and the water looks clear, so I am wondering if the caretaker is putting the stuff in there that Rainforest Cafe (lots of sick fish) uses in the overhead entry tanks at some of it's places (the stuff that causes unhealthy fish was the long term use).

I used to go to an office where there was a 55g saltwater tank packed with several tangs, damsels, angels, and other fish, with lots of dead and dying corals, and cyano everywhere. It had a small, old style bioball sump under the stand, which had cyano growing in it. One of the dentists had just gotten it a couple months early, set it up and put all those fish in there. I actually saw him bringing in bags of more fish one day, when the tank was already so overcrowded.

Edited by treesprite

Although it's not in a doctors office or medical center, the tank which made me sad is the one in Annapolis Mall. It houses african cichlids now.

This tank is my my office lobby at Morgan Stanley in Rockville.  The tank is maintained by WAMAS's own Rob (Zygote).  Bi Weekly water changes. Avast skimmer. Wet dry filter.  Jebao power head.  LEDs.

IMG 9058

IMG 9059

IMG 9060

IMG 9057

The setosa is causing difficulties in cleaning the glass.

Although it's not in a doctors office or medical center, the tank which made me sad is the one in Annapolis Mall. It houses african cichlids now.

Was that the Westfield Annapolis Mall tank that was featured on the show Tanked? A few of us are familiar with the sad start to that tank - the (aftermath) stuff that wasn't shown in the TV show. Irresponsible beginnings.

Some of the comments in the previous thread made me chuckle; I used to tap water to fill my current reef and will do the same for the 150g in the next couple of months when it is ready for the initial fill. Heck, outside of the 50g in Japan that was filled with natural sea water across the street from our house, I think every tank I've done the past 20+ years has been started with tap water. 

This tank is my my office lobby at Morgan Stanley in Rockville.  The tank is maintained by WAMAS's own Rob (Zygote).  Bi Weekly water changes. Avast skimmer. Wet dry filter.  Jebao power head.  LEDs.

The setosa is causing difficulties in cleaning the glass.

Great seeing this tank. Had exactly the right kind of livestock and corals, and looks like even if there was an emergency and TFYB wasn't able to make it out, it could auto for a while. 

Some of the comments in the previous thread made me chuckle; I used to tap water to fill my current reef and will do the same for the 150g in the next couple of months when it is ready for the initial fill. Heck, outside of the 50g in Japan that was filled with natural sea water across the street from our house, I think every tank I've done the past 20+ years has been started with tap water. 

I know a few hobbyist that use tapwater. Hey, if you can get away with it, do it. We digress though. 

The tank that Forrest is talking about is done by Wet Pets, Origami is talking about a tank done by A Plus. Annapolis tank is either done by Malgren or Wet Pets.

Thanks for that insight, Rob!

The RF Cafe tank I physically saw was in New Jersey.

I don't go to doctors, bunch of quacks all of them!!!!

I havent been since my final physical while retiring from the Marine Corps in 2014; I avoid the docs and dentists like the plague. 

I havent been since my final physical while retiring from the Marine Corps in 2014; I avoid the docs and dentists like the plague.

I don't trust anyone who's handwriting is worse than mine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk