What a great day to do tank maintenance

mari.harutunian

What will you guys be up to today? (Assuming you got enough snow to be off work/school/other) I'm going to clean...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working remotely. I dont get the day off.

Awh that's too bad. Hopefully in view of the tank(s)? :)

I've been filing RODI buckets most of the day. Won't have to make more for a while haha

I've been filing RODI buckets most of the day. Won't have to make more for a while haha

I made rodi and did a lot of gross siphoning and algae removal. Covered in salt water rn.

Shoveled, painted a room and did a WC. Tacos and beer up next.

Someone ate all the taco meat in the fridge(straight) so all were left with is taco toppings and taco shells...

Jerks!

Singular jerk. It was my dad lol. Who eats taco meat straight out of the Tupperware with a spoon???

Practiced snow removal with my new bucket loader and back blade! I was beginning to wonder if I'd be able to put both to work this winter....

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Did some heavy duty cleaning of little tanks, took down one because dimensions suck, put that stuff in a 20h which I drilled a few days ago. Scrubbed liverock. Took everything out of the non-drilled 20h (gonna take that one down). Was able to fit all that stuff into the drilled 20h and the 16 bow (they are plumbed to a 20L sump together). Took the clowns and damsels out of the 16h and put them in the 20h with 2 damsels that were in the tank I replaced with the drilled 20h. It's kind of a lot of fish for a 20h (2 clowns, 4 yellowtail damsels), but they seem to be ok, and because the tank is so crammed with rock, there are lots of places to dart in and out. I need to empty the water from the undrilled 20h now, then clean it and the other tank I emptied.

All of this followed me having gotten new filters. I didn't realize how old they were until I was trying to figure out why my phosphate was sky high and tested the rodi... sky high phosphate in clean rodi! There was a lot of cyano growing everywhere, hence the rock scrubbing. The ro membrane was covered in filth, I had to clean out the housing it was so gross.

Did not do any work on the 120, which is still just sitting on the floor.

I accidentally broke my hammer colony into 4 pieces, and already had a bunch of little pieces. It was going to be so nice to have a big hammer colony in the 120 where there would actually be enough safe space for it. Also dropped a rock on some loose orange monti and crushed it. This is better than last time I moved rock though, because the last time, a rock crushed my fire shrimp and tore off a leg from my serpent star.

Singular jerk. It was my dad lol. Who eats taco meat straight out of the Tupperware with a spoon???

It's a dad thing, you wouldn't understand :-)

It's a dad thing, you wouldn't understand :-)

But there were soft and hard taco shells, salsa, cheese sauce, lettuce, pick de gallo, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole all waiting to be used...

Stop making me want tacos.