My last tank.. for real this time.. 120

GOSKN5

Well I honestly believe this to be my last one for a really long time.. I absolutely love the dimensions and think a 120 4x2x2 is perhaps the perfect size 4 foot tank..

So I had my 74 tower for 6 months.. cool tank, but I missed the lateral swimming of the fish... caught my wife on just the right day and she said do it haha...

So went from this:

bcae298613b4aa3159a82b0073d705bd.jpg

Bought this (150):

54f1efe8c8c18b05e6927f41c30b7df1.jpg

Decided I didn't want the 150 and wanted a brand new tank.. bought a 120 and got to work...

Thanks to my wife (who did all the painting, sanding, filling etc) ended up with this:

0f3543cc3b9970b5177228edb2a349c4.jpg

Took last weekend to transfer everything over, get the plumbing done etc. To get to this point:

c0a887e6ca9a2c0f4ff201d1cbfca69f.jpg

b6e0f2ba730d98efe59a9e386383c04f.jpg

107c80de9b011f43d357b4f7361e5f45.jpg

Thanks to Jim and Louisa at Tiki Corals on the suggestion on full syphon. Which is awesome and so quiet..

Sump:

2647a9118326c8dea28ffc572dd1465d.jpg

Lights: (gonna add some T5 eventually)

0222a2914a93a3900deb8a196b7d3cd8.jpg

Now it's time to stock it!!!

Edited by GOSKN5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, sweet!!

Thanks gonna do my best to enjoy this one instead of changing things haha

That stand looks great, I really am a fan of the clean look of white stands .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I agree. Never had a white stand prior to my last tank... really like it

Did u build the stand?

No.. but someone did....it's homemade for sure. The pic of the brown stand and canopy above.. we just sanded and painted and repaired it etc... well my wife did about 99% of it haha...

Beautiful tank, and stunning stand! Very, very nice.

Oh, and nice Flipper - fantastic scrapers IMHO.

Thanks a lot!! Yea it came out really nice I couldn't be happier...

Flipper is great too! You are right

Looks good, and im gonna trust you on this being your last tank... for real

Thanks... my wife trusts me too ;)

Nice tank vhot setings you use for the lights .

Thanks.. blues at 50% whites at 20% I believe... gonna ramp em up some slowly... and add some t5

That looks very very nice and clean lines. Good job!!

Appreciate it.. I'm pleased with the outcome

Thanks for respond I have the same light try to find sweet spot I now me is 80% blue and 30 white getting two t5 single bulb each side in next week

Also Vhot you use for wave makers

I am using a Tunze 6020 and two jebao rw4s. They are plenty for the mixed tank, I don't have them anywhere near full power...

The tunze is aimed down the back of the rocks to keep stuff from accumulating and the two jebao are in each back corner aimed up and to the front... still gotta play with it a little.. but overall not bad

I didn't even realize that stand was the same. It looks awesome.

Thanks, my wife literally worked all week on it haha.. sanding filling holes painting new hardware etc... turned out great

Looking nice. Like the clean white, your wife did a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking nice. Like the clean white, your wife did a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks I agree... I'm loving the size of the 120.. perfect blend of depth and width...

Here are a couple (bad) pics of the herbie or full siphon setup..

Drains in overflow

36b920e15a0392066944ea88ad684e76.jpg

Return over the back

989edf9675dbb656164ea3c938afc1fd.jpg

I'm wondering where this style has been my whole life haha... so quiet and steady..

Nice, I did a similar set up on my 90 for a herbie. But, I had pre-existing plumbing a return knock-out removed in the overflow...so I cut off the stock return and converted it to my primary drain and my new return comes up an over...pops out the existing removed knockout in the overflow.

You did good work with the new tank, but you could even put a sea swirl on your return (unlike mine)...once the wallet recovers :-)

Instead of the sea swirl (to help out the wallet) what about one of these less expensive things?  Twenty bucks.  I'm getting a couple to try out.

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticLife_Macro_Aqua_Flow_Swing_Wavemaker_Flexible_Ball_Socket_Tubing_Plumbing_Parts-AquaticLife-AK01367-FIFTFB-vi.html

Neat little thing. Amazon Prime has it too

That's cool.. thanks for bringing that up I watched a video on those recently but never thought about it... think I will try one