Jump to content

Optimusdooche

WAMAS Member
  • Content Count

    145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Optimusdooche

  • Rank
    Starfish

Custom Fields

  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

350 profile views
  1. I used manavore 8 on my acrylic tank, I would slice a magic eraser into thirds and use it instead of the acrylic pad never got a scratch that way. Went to glass so no longer use it . Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  2. Well , unfortunately the tank has been broke down and sold in preparation to move in August. I kept a few of my core fish and all the equipment and rock .... for after the move. Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  3. One week away! Don't wanna miss this one. Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  4. This is the room of lost sunday plans, walk in sit down wake up 4 hours later. Gets me every time. Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  5. Yeah, there might be one or two in there.[emoji2] Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  6. Updated tank shots ... looking decent today! Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  7. Well the Vectra l1 just didn't have enough strength to power my biopellet reactor properly and return water to the tank. A recirculating reactor would allow me to lower the flow rate and take some pressure off the vectra. All the recirculating ones for a tank 300 gallons or moerllre I could find were $500 dollars plus. Which honestly I find to be grossly overpriced. Not opting to pay that , I built my own . At full retail in all the items I needed to build one I have $179 in parts. Note the most expensive items were the 5*18 inch bubble magus 2nd chamber for a calcium reactor $64 from Billy's reef connection, and the sicce 1.5 pump $72 from BRS. With that being said I got a little over $10 back from the items from BRS in points . So figure $169 is the cost. I could have went cheap on the pump and came in under a hundred , but I opted to copy Geo's version and use a quality pump. To keep the cost down I used white PVC like the rest of my build. The mods were all done fairly easily, drilled and tapped the reactor to accept push connect also added two to the skimmer to feed the biopellets directly and the calcium reactor effluent. All in all, very easy and I saved a little over $350! Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  8. Thanks! A lot of sweat equity in this one.. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  9. Wierd , I uploaded them the same way from Tapatalk as the rest.. Can you see the older pic posts? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  10. Well the swap from sump to tank was pretty smooth , I lost a couple Corals but no fish. Unfortunately one of the Coral I lost was a grow out challenge frag I had .... So yeah I lost that. All in all the set up was easier than tear down. I reused all the water and had to add about 100 gallons .All the equipment and was new and clean so that part was easy. The hardest part was aquascaping with rocks loaded with Coral .All in all I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. One plus is I got to sneak in a large derasa clam that my copperband used to attack when it was a small 4" It doesn't seem to care about it now that's around 10". Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  11. There is a water change feature that feeds to the other room. I just turn the valve it will pump out water ,turn it back and it will refill from the water change station in the next room. It has been mess free so far . Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  12. It more than likely cost me more money than buying a pre made stand like I have done in the past but it wouldn't have been as nice. Everything is exactly how I wanted it and you just can't get that with pre made. I also buttoned up the plumbing and just went with straight white PVC , I was on the fence with red but I am happy with how. a little acetone makes standard PVC look. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  13. So at this point the floors in and the tank is up thanks to a few neighbors and a couple of mdrc members. I had to trim the canopy it get it to fit and I had to use a concrete leveler to get the floor at least partially level, it was almost 3/4 inch out over 12 feet. That part took forever but at least the tank didn't have to be shimmed as much when installed. Before : After: Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  14. I just broke down my fish room which was run off a baldor hammerhead gold( the one with out the fins) and moved the sump under the tank. When I had the fish room I had about 12' of head and ran 3 tanks and all my reactors from the hammerhead with ease. I replaced it with the L1 to lower the noise under the tank. The L1 is weak in comparison and I don't think you will be happy with it using it in that manner. I know it's comparing apples and oranges , it would surprise me if it lasted long pushing that height. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...