Please help moving/picking up a tank

nextlevel808

I am going to be picking up a tank from another wamas member but could really use a few hands if possible. Tank is a 220g and to be picked up in Boyds MD and going to Damascus. I have a stake body truck with a lift gate to make things only slightly easier. Looking to try and move it next Saturday 4/16. I have to confirm a time with the other member but just getting a feel on if I can get any help here. So far I have 1 buddy that's going to help but figure might need at least an extra 2-3 people. Thanks in advance as well.

Ok thanks Alan. I'm trying to set it up for the afternoon evening time. I'm waiting for conformation from member with tank if Saturday will actually work for him and he is supposed to let me know Tuesday so I will try and post a time on when planning on doing it.

Ok if I set something up for say 3 or 4pm on Saturday 4/16 do you think I can get a few guys on each end? I really could use the help I'm moving into a new house and having hard time finding people I know to help. Like I said before I have a truck with a lift gate to make it little easier. I also have beer or whatever you might want to help just really could use a few guys. Please let me know if those times work or I can even work around you all. Just saw most of people that said could help said afternoon.

I can do that time on each end.  Are you going to have suction cups?

I went and bought 4 of the ones the carry at Home Depot other day but not sure if they will be strong enough.

Ok. You can use the club ones if you figured out who has them and made the trip to get them. I think the club has a couple of sets and maybe even got a new set for Maryland. Origami would know.

Ok. You can use the club ones if you figured out who has them and made the trip to get them. I think the club has a couple of sets and maybe even got a new set for Maryland. Origami would know.

$20 rental fee and $100 deposit per cup (just in case) 2 checks are fine, the deposit won't be cashed unless something happens to get damaged)

Do you think cups that will carry 125lbs each cup would work?

Sent you a PM, the club cups are boss, Origami can help locate them, and there is a sticky on them somewhere, on my phone, hard to search and link.

Ok time for Saturday at 3pm is confirmed please pm me if you can help. I will let you know addresses then. Thanks for any and all help.

I already sent the OP the information on the cups (which are available to members). Information includes the rental charge ($25, not $20) and the deposit ($100/cup since they cost us about that to purchase) and the make/model of the cups. Using the right suction cup/handle can really make the job go much more smoothly and safely. I tried moving my tank years ago with suction cups from Harbor Freight (two cups, single lever on each to pull the vacuum) and wouldn't do that again. The handles were too small and one broke suction without warning while we were moving the tank. The WAMAS cups are Wood's Powr-Grip 8" cups (W4950) with a vacuum pump system that provides a visual indicator if suction is failing and which allows you to recover vacuum before suction breaks. The extra area of the cup provides a wider area over which the load is concentrated, too. The cups are in the WAMAS storage unit in McLean where, presently, I'm the only one with keys.