New to WAMAS Leesburg, Va

Hi all,

Been reefing for a while, started with a 60gal cube a few years ago... then added a 180 because i needed more room for coral, I'm a coral guy not a fish guy.. Another year later, I needed more room for coral so I replaced my gym with a fish room. It took me about a year to finish... Along the way I learned how to build stands,  plumbing, picked up electrical and finally needed to learn about duct work for my exhaust system.. I heard about this forum from Adam at Artfully Acrylic, they are great guys and they also built all my frag tanks.

So now I have  just  under 1000 gals in my main system. Hopefully this system lasts a few years before I need take the over the rest of my basement. My fish room has 27 feet of frag tanks my 180 display, a 100 gal rubbermaid for live rock 2x 30 gal deep sand beds and 2x 30 gal refugiums. A separate Q system, and a water station in a separate room.  I've been through lots of equipment over the years. I set this room up using a single Lifereef LR3 sump, 2 LR Protein Skimmers  and a LR Calcium reactor. I have 4 ecotech radions on my display. My frags tanks have 4 T247s, 9 Chinese knock-offs and a Maxspect Razor from my original  60 gals cube. I also have an Apex and a 5 stage BRS RO system. 

I am really impressed with the amount of knowledge and the quality of many of the corals for sale here. I picked up some frags from bbyatv last weekend wow, incredible tank and a great guy. I am looking forward meeting new people and learning from some of the experts in this group..  Here are some pics from my fishroom.... just a bit of cosmetic work left..

Dan

Hey there, and welcome to the club. We're a group who will only push your addiction, so it sounds like you're among your people now.

The forum is not great for hosting photos, I would suggest a Photobucket account, that way we can get a real picture of what's happening over there! Are you planning on joining our meeting on 2/20? Consider starting a build thread in our dedicated forum, it is always fun to see what other people are doing, and it's a great way to keep track of things on a personal level.