Recall on Hanna Alk Reagent

dangros

I submitted on jan.27th havent seen mine

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that one is a CO2 sensor and a pH sensor and some math, but they figure that can tell them alkalinity, and they're probably mostly correct.  

I hope it works well and I'm anxious to see them out in the wild some time this year with data collected by folks who can and will do parallel testing with a colorimeter to see if the alk number is correct over time.

Yep, that one is a CO2 sensor and a pH sensor and some math, but they figure that can tell them alkalinity, and they're probably mostly correct.  

I hope it works well and I'm anxious to see them out in the wild some time this year with data collected by folks who can and will do parallel testing with a colorimeter to see if the alk number is correct over time.

And that, of course, relies on the carbonate species equilibrium curves which relate the concentration of the various species of carbonate alkalinity to pH.

gallery_2631296_685_4714.jpg

At higher pH values, though, an algorithm that relies on CO2 species measurement gets rather sensitive.

I saw a post about that product and what they expected pricing to be. The disks were not cheap!  

But then again, I dont think anything in this hobby is except bad equipment 

Has anyone that's got a replacement tested it against the recalled stuff to see any differences

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I did. An old one that was opened and stored sideways gave me bad readings. An old one that was new, sealed and stored sideways (but that was 2 months out of expiration) gave me good readings compared to the new. I still tossed out the expired pack, though, since it was cheap (and expired).

Got my order confirmation today.  I submitted the 30th.  I was too lazy to take pictures of them and could not find my receipt, but they took care of me anyway.  I have ordered direct from them before so I'm in their system, maybe that's why they did not ask for proof.  I have always stored mine right-side-up and they have always matched my Salifert test closely.  My originals have the thin clear plastic over the top like Tom's replacements did, but the lot numbers were still on the recall list.

Edited by Marc Weaver

You may want to re-submit if you didn't get the automated request confirmation.  I got that almost instantly.  I submitted on the 31st and haven't seen anything else yet.

Interesting.  I submitted on the 29th and still haven't gotten the confirmation.

Got an email last night that mine have shipped.  Submitted request 1/31, shipped 2/25, so it took just under 4 weeks for me.  A little bit of a wait, but I'm glad Hanna proactively addressed the issue. 

Got mine yesterday. They sent me 3 bottles instead of one so that was really cool

Submitted claim on Feb 10th submitted with reciept. Got email on the 29th saying they got my order and got shipping confirmation today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Mine seems consistent and ok now.  I actually had high readings for alk and had to adjust my reactor so I was taking frequent readings after turning off the reactor for a day to let the readings drop.  Other than being surprised at how quickly the alk dropped (1 dKH in 24hrs), the readings were quite consistent w/the new batch.