Recall on Hanna Alk Reagent

dangros

Any idea when they are going to put more on market? I need more. All place that I see have removed it from their website.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea when they are going to put more on market? I need more. All place that I see have removed it from their website.

Try giving them a call. My experience over the years has been that they're very good about answering questions on the phone. If you get an answer, please post it here for others.

What. I saw on amazon they took it off able to buy then they put it back up so I bought some thinking they got new stock. Well received it today and what do you know recalled....

I contacted Hanna since I still haven't received mine. They said 5-10 business days. If you haven't opened the bottle, then it should still be good as long as it's not laying sideways once opened. It needs to keep from touching the metallic cover.

I contacted Hanna since I still haven't received mine. They said 5-10 business days. If you haven't opened the bottle, then it should still be good as long as it's not laying sideways once opened. It needs to keep from touching the metallic cover.

So you're understanding is that, if unopened, it can be stored on it's side? It's just after it's opened that storage on the side becomes an issue?

Origami- not fair! I ordered before you!

I have no idea of how they're filling the orders. As soon as I learned about the recall (from this thread), I filed the claim along with images of the receipt (from over a year ago). I lucked out, I guess.

yes, here's the exact quote from hanna's email when i told them I had one unopened refill:

The one in the package still will be fine to use once you open it just make sure to store it upright on your shelf.

So all you guys who just purchased the refills but haven NOT opened them, should still be good as long as it's left upright ONCE opened.  I will still throw mine out once the replacements arrive. There's no need to risk my livestock for a $7 bottle.

I may still get the red sea pro just to verify the readings are similar.

So you're understanding is that, if unopened, it can be stored on it's side? It's just after it's opened that storage on the side becomes an issue?

I have no idea of how they're filling the orders. As soon as I learned about the recall (from this thread), I filed the claim along with images of the receipt (from over a year ago). I lucked out, I guess.

Great. Thanks. 

yes, here's the exact quote from hanna's email when i told them I had one unopened refill:

The one in the package still will be fine to use once you open it just make sure to store it upright on your shelf.

So all you guys who just purchased the refills but haven NOT opened them, should still be good as long as it's left upright ONCE opened.  I will still throw mine out once the replacements arrive. There's no need to risk my livestock for a $7 bottle.

I may still get the red sea pro just to verify the readings are similar.

I'm glad you checked on that.  I do have an unopened one that I didn't throw out yet so I could wait for the replacements to arrive.  I always store them upright since they leak, so I will use it up.

I stored my recalled bottle on its side after it was opened and it was a mess. My alk was MUCH lower than the meter was reading and my sps were losing color and receding. I assumed it was a different issue because my alk reading was fine. 

I ordered 2 new bottles and threw out both the opened bottle and the unopened bottle. Waiting on new ones to arrive. 

I was the one that started this thread and I still havent gotten mine. I asked them last week and the response was 5-10 business days.  Origami already got his 

My online claim was filed on 28 January through Hanna's website. I received an email confirming the claim immediately after filing. I provided the lot numbers and the purchase receipt for both bottles of reagent that I claimed. I received notice of the shipment on 8 February and the replacement bottles arrived at home on February 10. Total time was less than 2 weeks.

Opened one of the new reagent packs today. The inner seal on it is a clear plastic as compared to the foil seals used in the recalled bottles. So, if you want a quick way to check visually, that's it.

I called them and asked them on the timelines as I had submitted my claim on February 1st. Pete - the person who is handling the recall at Hanna said that they are currently processing requests which came in on 29th and it will be 2-3 weeks before I receive my replacement.

Oh man. I finally submitted my claim because I needed to track down my receipts. I have a feeling Its going to be a while if they are only on the 29th at this point.