New to reefing ... Sterling Area

Hello

After years of drooling over reef tanks I have decided to start my own tank. Growing up I had a 150g freshwater tank. But I always wanted a reef tank but life n work always got in the way of setting up a tank. Not to mention reef tank is little intimidating. But I still wanted one.

After reading for months on reef tank I just couldn't help myself. I decided to take the plunge and start my first reef tank. So I got a small 40b breeder tank, ordered my supplies (some are still not here) and starting this hobby. I hope I can do well. And hope the wife doesn't make me sleep on the couch when I start buying more stuff.

So if I ask stupid questions please let me know. :-)

We've all done stupid things, and I'm sure there's a lot of us who have gotten in trouble with our spouses over reef related purchases. 

Welcome to the addiction!

You have a few people around you too. And there are some good fish shops around well within driving distance. If you pay the small fee for the membership you also get access to purchase from other members. Whether thats hardware, fish or corals. Well worth it.

Edited by Bruleyii

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Enjoy WAMAS. We've got a great community here - among the largest and most active in the country. Consider joining up as a full member. When you've got the chance, click on the hyperlink in my signature below to learn about some of the benefits of membership.

Happy Reefing!

Thank You all for welcoming here. I can't wait to get started. Still looking for a substrate for my tank. Hopefully, I will be able to make a decision soon. I will become a paid member soon. 

The closest LFS I have is Marine Scene. I am worried, one of these days they are going to kick me out for drooling over their display tank.  :laugh:

Thank You all for welcoming here. I can't wait to get started. Still looking for a substrate for my tank. Hopefully, I will be able to make a decision soon. I will become a paid member soon. 

The closest LFS I have is Marine Scene. I am worried, one of these days they are going to kick me out for drooling over their display tank.  :laugh:

There are other brick-and-mortar locations that you should check out, too. Check out Blue Ribbon Koi & Marine just west of Manassas on Rt. 234, not too far from the intersection at 15. Also check out Incredible Corals in Manassas near the junction of 66 and 234. There's also Reef eScape down in Fairfax. A little further out, down in Springfield, you'll find Quantum Reefs. These are all club sponsors and worth visiting, too. Check our sponsors page and our LFS Map for more.

(edited)

Does anyone know if I need a WAMAS membership card to prove that I signed up here? Or that I am actually a member?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Edited by rockstarta78

Oh OK. I did purchase the membership.

Make sure the address you put when you registered is real, or else your card won't get mailed! Takes a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

Make sure the address you put when you registered is real, or else your card won't get mailed! Takes a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just fixed the mailing address.

Edited by rockstarta78

• 2 years later...