Volunteer Coordinator Updates

YHSublime

WAMAS, first, thank you in advance for all the volunteering that you plan to help us out with!

With MACNA approaching fast, we are starting to get down into the nitty gritty of it, and planning out a rough schedule. This thread will be a hub for questions, updates, and progress. I will do my best to update it as we go along.

Some of you have heard from me, I'm sure a lot of you have not, if I have reached out to you, it's because I didn't have complete information on your volunteer survey.

Speaking of the volunteer survey, if you have not taken it yet, please, go here and do so.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey WAMAS!

First and foremost, I want to thank every single one of you that put in time to volunteer. WAMAS is our club, and it is going to take a village to pull off MACNA with gusto I know we will.

While putting together this gigantic schedule, please know that we tried our best to accommodate all individual requests for roles and times. Tried our best. That being said, there may be some jobs assigned to you that you may not have selected. Please know that we would not have assigned you these roles if we were not 100% sure that you were capable of filling them!

We tried to spread the workload evenly, but one of our biggest needs is Event Security, in the chance you got scheduled for something you did not select, it is probably this. If you are worried about this job, do not be, it is mostly checking badges, and while not the most exciting job at MACNA, is our biggest need.

Please note that some of the assigned shifts start later, or end earlier than the "standard" start/end times. Please be prepared to arrive and start earlier, or stay a little later as well. Saturday is a very well covered day, so some of you are not assigned, we also want you to enjoy the show! In advance, I would ask that you consider sticking around just in case we need extra hands.

Schedule Preview 1

Schedule Preview 2

Schedule Preview 3

cleardot.gif

Either or

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a question with regards to parking for volunteers.  I went on the hotel's website and it states that it cost 41.00 per day to park there.  Are volunteers able to get a parking pass?  With being there starting on Tuesday and coming back and forth everyday is going to get expensive at that cost per day to park.  Just wondering if I need to take the metro in Tuesday - Thursday as I'm staying at the hotel starting Friday.

I have a question with regards to parking for volunteers.  I went on the hotel's website and it states that it cost 41.00 per day to park there.  Are volunteers able to get a parking pass?  With being there starting on Tuesday and coming back and forth everyday is going to get expensive at that cost per day to park.  Just wondering if I need to take the metro in Tuesday - Thursday as I'm staying at the hotel starting Friday.

This is the information I received through the MACNA e-mail event reminders that have been sent out:

Attendees and exhibitors staying at the Marriott Wardman Park may receive a discounted daily self-parking rate of $30 (regularly $42). Be sure to let the Marriott registration clerk know that you are part of the conference and are using the reduced rate when you check into your room. The hotel has two parking garages. Height limitations are 5'10" for the Park Tower garage and 6'4" for the Woodly Garage.

For attendees not staying overnight: We've partnered with Parking Panda to allow you to pre-purchase guaranteed parking passes at several locations within easy walking distance to the hotel. Options include pre-paid parking at the hotel, too, for as little as $19/day. These passes are not valid for overnight stays, though!

HEY WAMAS!!!!!!!!

I've only heard from maybe 15% of you about the volunteer schedules. If you didn't get my e-mail, you can jet me one off at: IsaacB99@aol.com

Please note that my name has x2 "a" not "s."

I have a few that I've not responded to yet, and I'm working out your schedule, please be patient, I will get to you. If you have heard nothing from me about confirming your schedule, please do this ASAP.

If you are able to volunteer Wed/Thursday morning afternoon, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Thanks!

Didn't realize that you needed to confirm with you, the e-mail you sent out doesn't say that we need to so that may be why the response rate is so low. I'll respond after posting here.

Also do we need to mention anything special when we're checking in to the conference about being a volunteer to get our T-shirt or anything like that or is it all handled?

Didn't realize that you needed to confirm with you, the e-mail you sent out doesn't say that we need to so that may be why the response rate is so low. I'll respond after posting here.

You know what Matt, you are 100% correct! I did put it in the title, but there were no requests in the body. I'm kicking myself over here, and I'm going to send out another update! Thanks! For those of you wondering, YES, I need confirmation that you're OK with the shifts we have scheduled!

I have responded, let me know if you haven't  gotten my email.

I got it, I'm working on getting back to you!

And I think I texted you after you sent this out... So I'm good with my shifts :)

I may be tired,lol but I'm sure Loni or Scott will kick me if I fall over asleep!

I'll have Redbull for you :)

I'm good too.

10-4 bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK with my assigned shifts for the conference.

Thank you, I've noted it.

Just replied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Kepp em' comming folks! If you've not confirmed with me, PLEASE DO!

PM'd

Got back to you!

will PM you to confirm

PM replied.

is there a place on here that all this info is posted? A list of who's in charge on what? My life, probably like yours, is in such turmoil w a busy job, etc., that I am not on here as much as I'd like. Some of my questions include:

1. is there a command center where we meet each day to confirm assignments, pick up details, etc.?

2. If I am volunteering for 4 days do I also need to purchase a 4 day pass for the show?  

3. I just saw the part about parking, Is Metro an option?

All the other questions I can't think of right now.

BTW Isaac, I am fine with my schedule.