YHSublime Office Nano

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good!

Looks awesome

Thanks! Life has been super swamped, both personally, and professionally, so the tank definitely took the back burner for about two months. In that time I didn't do any water changes, ran fishless, and didn't feed. The only thing I did was add top off RO brought from home.

I put an Emerald Crab in there, and it has not touched the bubble algae. It's still alive as of this morning, and I have snails multiplying like crazy. The brittle stars are also exploding.

I am adding another clown pair tonight, and I am going to try and find some Emerald Crabs local (about 6) to hopefully take care of the BA.

The picture doesn't really show it, but there are quite a few nice zoanthids in there, that all started as one or two polyps. They are all small colonies now, and I will need to find a way to keep them from getting flipped by the cerths.

1749e76289278d994552fe28d75cb0d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e1d5b6094f2e1e7decf284e84c5e7f8b.jpg

57315da0adf51cf8a0120d61be44a185.jpg

2af9a886194195132e238dcba0532399.jpg

cf5d316d0b0a9bb6a5ee6644e39eadbb.jpg

e17174cbd6b3132b5514ab1ec38b2ab6.jpg

b1883c0143b18cab17f12e1d5210a559.jpg

163b0f28ac603a35f8ac607c6b0885c9.jpg

whats bothering your zoas? looks like quite a few are closed or partially closed.

whats bothering your zoas? looks like quite a few are closed or partially closed.

Water change. Coupled with the fact that all my nassarius snails topple them every freaking 3 seconds. You can see from the pictures that most of them are on their sides, they have all been toppled. I wish I could get them on the rocks and glued down, but there isn't enough space with the 7 anemones that are in there already, 4 of them hogging up prime realestate under the light. I'd love to scrap the rock, but that's been part of the whole things success. Although I've gotten rid of the different types of hair algae and caulerpa and several other strains of algae, the bubble algae has been all consuming. There is one emerald crab in there for about 3 months now, but I need to throw in about 7 and let them go to town. The prior battles took a lot of time, effort, and consideration, and I'm not sure if I have the patience for it this go around. It has been hard enough to even find 8 emerald crabs and then get them to work. I've considered selling the zoanthids and keeping it a nem tank. I have some acans that are doing very well, and I like to play with what the tank can sustain successfully. At the end of the day, I'm still putting very little time and effort into it, and enjoy it being right by my desk. It's nice to have some movement with the fish in there now.

I also realize that the quality of the images from the iphone to the big screen is garbage. I apologize for that, although with the condition, hi-res is probably not the best!

Do the zoas near the nems ever get bothered? I have a spot I would like to put one but I'm sure it will decide to move around....

Do the zoas near the nems ever get bothered? I have a spot I would like to put one but I'm sure it will decide to move around....

Not really. But you put a nem in your tank, no guarantee it won't move. I've had amazing luck with all my anemones, sans a LTA that walked ALL over my tank. Otherwise, they have all stayed put.