New to the area/club

Hi, I am Joe. I have been in the area for about 3 months now. Just long enough to remember that I don't like the cold. :) I have been in the reef hobby off and on since 1999. I am in the Navy, so I've had to relocate a few times and that's why the off and on for me. I just set up a new tank about a month and a half ago, just started stocking it last week. I am looking forward to meeting some people and making new fish geek friends, lol! 

Happy New Year!

Welcome aboard Joe!

Happy New Year and tell us about your tank.  Set up, pieces, plans, stock, and what direction you are thinking of heading.

We are also very fond of pictures :cool:

Welcome, Joe! And Happy New Year.

How many years have you served? (And thank you for serving!)

^^ 16 years! Great. My father served 26 before retiring. He sailed on carriers. We moved around a lot when I was growing up. 18 schools through HS. 

20's always been a good getting out point. I think that my Dad thought 20 was going to be it but he hung on through his last shore-duty assignment. He joined back in '57 so his experience was likely a lot different.

Welcome! My husband has 26 in, probably going to do 34 if they let him....

We usually move every 3 years, but this time we get to be here for 5.5 ... I still set up a tank every move,lol this time a much bigger one!

Good luck and can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Welcome to WAMAS! I think you will enjoy it here, there is a great reefing community!

You should post some pictures of your tank (really heavy hint.)

Our Winter meeting is January 24th - you should swing by!  It's a great chance to put faces with names and we usually have several vendors present (good chance to get ideas for stocking your tank).  Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...