Brad's Mangrove Sanctuary

brad908

Full studio set up. Flash, umbrellas, everything.

Sweeeeeet.......How many people are in the camera crew? Do you use grips?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that hammertone finish spray paint?  Interested in hearing how you like that.

I like them. I will have good pics of it tomorrow

Nice job!

Thanks!

4148EC99-3B1B-4271-9FC0-F582DE6C7692_zps

Is that hammertone finish spray paint?  Interested in hearing how you like that.

This one actually is hammertone texture. It is called satin nickel.

I've used hammertone on cabinet hardware and it looked cool.

8F25CD61-EDC6-4911-8BEF-8BCC8067F289_zps

Hey, your ATO should sprinkle rain down on them from the top. 8)

Set up a mister system! The fresh water is probably how they get moisture. Are you suppose to spray the leaves and wipe them down like you do with orchids?

They excrete salt through the leaves, apparently, which damages them if it is not rinsed off. Ive never grown one, just what Ive read.

So that is why they have that white is haze of them and probably only grow where they are enough rain showers to clean the salt off their leaves. huh.

I spray mine off every day or two with fresh water... have had mine for about 2 years growing in my display... haven't gotten huge, but seem healthy and have several new leaves

thats good art , i was told they need fresh water too like rain

Hey, your ATO should sprinkle rain down on them from the top. 8)

Set up a mister system! The fresh water is probably how they get moisture. Are you suppose to spray the leaves and wipe them down like you do with orchids?

They excrete salt through the leaves, apparently, which damages them if it is not rinsed off. Ive never grown one, just what Ive read.

So that is why they have that white is haze of them and probably only grow where they are enough rain showers to clean the salt off their leaves. huh.

I spray mine off every day or two with fresh water... have had mine for about 2 years growing in my display... haven't gotten huge, but seem healthy and have several new leaves

I originally thought about doing a rain ATO, but wasn't sure of a real clean way to do it. Think I have a couple ideas now.

I will be out of town from tomorrow till December 3, so won't have time to try it out for a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, did you glue that sand up there around the outside of the glass box the mangroves are in?

No, I was going to. We will see if it holds once water is in

Not how I pictured it, but it looks good!

Were you thinking a flat sand bed? I'm still going back and forth

I'm not sure it will stay.. but if it does then I actually like the slope look... if you could put some rocks around it maybe with zoas or mushrooms growing that would be pretty cool

I'm not sure it will stay.. but if it does then I actually like the slope look... if you could put some rocks around it maybe with zoas or mushrooms growing that would be pretty cool

Yup, planning rocks built into th slope. I want to do like 20 feather dusters in here. And tube anemones

How far down will the waterline be?

Filled to the top