Waveline DC6000 problem

YHSublime

Glad you sorted it out with the magic codes.

BTW, these controllable pumps make for some interesting overflow drain possibilities, and I want one to play with for sure, even if they have occasional hiccups.

Roberto, the Reef Angel developer, has his controllable DC return pump hooked up to a dimmer port on his reef angel.  He has one of his water-level probes in his overflow box.  The RA water level probes give a continuous reading, not just an on/off.  So he has a silent full-siphon overflow with just one drain and he controls it by sensing when the water level rises or falls in the overflow and slows or speeds up the return pump.  Pretty weird, but it shows how cool these pumps are (providing they start when you want them to).

Had that issue with my old one but cleaned it good and would start it up dry a few times (not run for long) then submerge. Worked for me at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Old topic but thinking of getting one of these for my in progress 90 build. How has it been working? Any other issues since this happened?

I'm about to set it up again. Worked fine after that magic button reset. I would go with the 12000 if you can, allow you to run a manifold for any future reactors, and you can always dial it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My original one was from them..and so is the replacement...

I got literally one of the first ones they had... The heat sink on the controller was not big enough, so it shorted the tiny fan and then slowly started overheating.. Caught it before an issue and def glad I never mounted it to my panel with my othe components cuz I wouldn't have had a reason to ever touch it..

How far down can you lower the output of the dc12000? I'm worried that it's too much for my 90. It is a RR deep blue 90g. Return is 3/4" and drain I believe is 1 1/4", but reduced down to 1" through the bulkhead. I saw somewhere it is rated at 750g/h but I don't know for sure. I will also be running my son's 20g and a small carbon/gfo reactor. Head height will be around 6ft.

Build quality to me and deep water hasn't forgotten the power level I have it set on yet compared to dc6000 sometimes forgets the power level during feeding

My original one was from them..and so is the replacement...

I got literally one of the first ones they had... The heat sink on the controller was not big enough, so it shorted the tiny fan and then slowly started overheating.. Caught it before an issue and def glad I never mounted it to my panel with my othe components cuz I wouldn't have had a reason to ever touch it..

We both got our pumps at the same time. Both for a 150 build funny enough. I have my controller mounted on my stand, but the fan and heatsink are open to the air. I have been fortunate thus far. Also mine has never went to the wrong setting once after feed mode. Maybe you had a bad one....or maybe I have a really good one. I don't know lol

Never had a problem with the speed..

And I only run mine at 50% so I think one on a 90g would be fine..especially if your doing sps or something else you'd have it set higher..and then have the ability to set a manifold like Isaac was mentioning...

How far down can you lower the output of the dc12000? I'm worried that it's too much for my 90. It is a RR deep blue 90g. Return is 3/4" and drain I believe is 1 1/4", but reduced down to 1" through the bulkhead. I saw somewhere it is rated at 750g/h but I don't know for sure. I will also be running my son's 20g and a small carbon/gfo reactor. Head height will be around 6ft.

I have a Jebao DC12000 running at 1/2 power on my 90. I am running a herbie drain though so I can support high drain rates without bubble or noise issues. Totally happy with mine. Never forgets power levels. I power it off all the time too from my Apex for things like water changes.

--

Warren

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my power supply just conked out on this tonight. I'm not very pleased.

I have a spare jebao dc 6000 you can borrow until they send you a new one.

Thanks! I'll get at you via text.

• 1 year later...

I have a Waveline DC6000 and it is a bit noisier than I'd like (not bad but certainly not silent). Is this typical of the 6000? Any betters options in regard to noise? Lastly, how has reliability been now that a couple years have passed?