building 380 gallon tank

Seahorseconservancy

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Csi0YMVoo&feature=youtu.be i have not shown you these horses before, just made the video, 3 years of selective breeding, it will take 3 more years, the big bellies are here seem to be ok, at 5 months they are bigger then my grown  seahorses, man I am stressed, the female is hitched but the male at top of tank, in a good way not on his side but man i will be up all night 

Hope he hitches soon!

So, Im not too familiar with seahorse characteristics. Can you explain a bit about what makes one seahorse more desirable than another? As in what are you selectively breeding for? Color (yellow vs black)? Pattern? The fuzzy appendages on their backs?

ok all is good they are eating like pigs, they grow to 14" tall so need to start another tank build 28"x28" at the base then 40" tall we will start on the blender free 3d program,

why do i only post when im drinking? ok I hope somebody reads this and responds, my niece is home and of course aer dad has not cleaned her tank much, 150 gallon dominated by a clown trigger named tank, so im giving her the avast biopellet whatever and allot of pellets go into the system when i show her how to set it up, then just now i notice that the biopellets are all in the wet dry a 60 gallon cube with only 10 galons of bla bla bla ,so why not sprinkle the bio pellets into the bio balls? I will order them from avast lets use the most over used word on earth hyprid, im doing it , i think, what do you think?

There's simply no need to use purple primer on PVC for aquarium plumbing. IT looks like crap, runs everywhere it's not supposed to be, and if you spill it, then it leaves big purple stains everywhere.

If you want nice clean pipe junctions, use clear medium or heavy body solvents only. If you're worried about the cleanliness of the pipe or some other silly notion, I suggest a career in taxidermy instead.

Sir I know you have been talking about Bioballs but I have found that MarinePure media to be more effecient and cost effective.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RNJ8zI3AAXE

Site: http://www.cermedia.com/marinepure.php

thanks for info , rob also mentioned cermedia, i painted a fast mural at afb more then a decade ago, seafood resturaunt, mostly i rember the oriental lady that owned it, she was so great, anyway its a wet dry 60 gallon posting a bad photo thats 10 gallons of bio balls = $160 so i ordered 10 more thats $320 totall now 5 gallons of cermedia = $260 new total, $580 then 15 more gallons of bio balls= $240, grand totall, $ 920 i think, or 17 seahorses x $60 , who cares i will do it slow, the wet dry is kick ass working great, the best

The Wet

cutting up another clarity plus tank to turn it into a tray tank for babies, theses tanks are free or 5 bucks and you can cut them up and turn them into all sorts of things, i now have enough scraps to make my brother a wet dry for his daughters 150

baby tank 3

this is new tank, i wet sand and buff should have done the last one, anyway its 14" tall just like the last one, a tray, #4 so thats it i get one more 100 gallon for the big bellies then im done sort of

tank 2

New tank

this is it then, i will wait a few months to build the corner tank, and i need a big chiller in the spring, my little one will handle the next 3 months, in 6 weeks the hundred or so horses in the tank on the bar can be put in the big holding tank, and then everybody moves up to the next tank, so i will keep the tanks clean and feed the little fish people

fish tanks

yes all one and the water is at last clear and perfect, its gravity draining to one sump, 2 avast skimmers and a 60 gallon wet dry, im building a 650 gallon system at 550 gallons now, lots of macro algea that i pull out by handfulls eventually, will do a breeding seahorses video soon show everything 

All One

With all those tanks at different levels on a common drain do you do a monthly power outtage test to ensure no overflows?

that's why he doesn't care about the purple primer stains- the flood usually washes them away.

it does not fill the sump more then a few inches when the power goes out , there is a check valve on the pump intake and the big tank water does not drop at all, the small tanks maybe 1/2 " the tanks being at different levels is not important and has no effect, also i have a genoratr,  the 60 gallon cube is the only tank that drops because its store built overflow, mine dont drop, , 

these photos should help, the big dank cant drop the other maybe 1/2" but dont worry the tanks can flood, i clean screens every morning and night but it a screen clogs the pump will overflow and small babies end up on the floor, or a tube can pop off and pump water on to the floor, i have water alarms but if im not home my mom can only shut the power off, this place is like a 3rd world nuclear power plant, and ready to melt down

drain 2

drain 1

I am looking for things that like cold water as this video shows the fan worm seems to love it, the baby brine in my system keeps him busy, anybody got any ideas? i cant find info on this one but it works so far.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il7-L27fX-Y&list=UU894ZquQgHSUUHMJBepJ5UA

I am still not happy with filtration, adding bio balls 10 gallons per week and now ultraviolet but the bulbs are old, thinking about ozone? hey whats up with 2 worms in one tube, they have been doing this for a week are they crazy?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNFii2G8kNE&list=UU894ZquQgHSUUHMJBepJ5UA