Thank you! for Fragfest '14

smallreef

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all of the officers and everyone else who made fragfest so much fun yesterday!

great people, fun speaker!,I'm sure there were lots of frags given away as always..

So, thank you to everyone who put in the time and effort to coordinate this event!

It was my first event and I will be looking forward to next years event and hopefully thing in my tank will be listed as a colony where I can donate for the event, so other first timers will have just as much fun as we did., and even the well season members who have a vast of knowledge to help build up our confidence. Thanks to all of our sponsors who make the end of the event exciting with the treasures we get to walk home with.

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all of the officers and everyone else who made fragfest so much fun yesterday!

great people, fun speaker!,I'm sure there were lots of frags given away as always..

So, thank you to everyone who put in the time and effort to coordinate this event!

+1

Going left to right, top to bottom. Not sure what Ben is calling that (I call them blackdusts), super saiyan, orion's belt, don't know what Ben is calling that (I call them nightmare KO's type morph, mohawks, amor of god, ? looks like a purple vamp morph they are called 34239583729412 names.

Yes, thank you everyone SO much. I had a blast! I managed to get SIX corals! Had to set up my frag rack due to all the new acquisitions. Having a heck of a time too finding a spot for the giant toadstool frag I got.

(edited)

Going left to right, top to bottom. Not sure what Ben is calling that (I call them blackdusts), super saiyan, orion's belt, don't know what Ben is calling that (I call them nightmare KO's type morph, mohawks, amor of god, ? looks like a purple vamp morph they are called 34239583729412 names.

That first pic isn't good. Should be- untouchable, Super Saiyan, Orion's Belt, Eye of Sauron, Mowhawks,Goochsters, and Blue Eye Girls

I'm not convinced that's Orion's Belt either. I'm thinking it's not named. Ben said its common from Indo but I can't find a picture/name anywhere.

Edited by John Ford

I'm thinking it's not named. Ben said its common from Indo but I can't find a picture/name anywhere.

If you look on the Petland thread with new zoas, that's one of them. I asked what it was, and Ben said it wasn't named. I have a huge colony of them in my tank and I started with 3 not long ago, super fast growing, but super pretty as well.

I'll not feed them then. Usually I'll target feed and watch their growth. They pop a few heads quick and I'll take their food supply away. Thanks for the heads up. I'm almost at 30 different zoas now

(edited)

It isn't named, thought orion's belt worked well for the morph.  Since the morph isn't named you can call it whatever you'd like. My BEG and eye of sauron look a lot different maybe it's the halides, either way looking good!

Edited by Rburgee

Thanks to everyone who helped put it together. It was great seeing everyone again before I go on hiatus for football season ;)

It isn't named, thought orion's belt worked well for the morph.  Since the morph isn't named you can call it whatever you'd like. My BEG and eye of sauron look a lot different maybe it's the halides, either way looking good!

Ill also Add those are not my pics. I have a good camera but bad eyes. Plus for now Im running all blues on my tank so Its going to make it hard to get good shots once they settle into my tank

I loved the frags this year, some were huge, I got a 3 head frogspawn and a huge toadstool frag. Just a suggestion for next year would be to separate sps and soft corals in 2 lines but opposite sides of the room. Also there was a lot of confusion about how many frags you were on, another suggestion here would be to give the first person in the line a number, a card or something and then having them go to the back of the line and everyone else follow suit. When that person gets to the front they get their second frag whether they want it or not unless its the same frag, in that case the rest of those frags get set aside until last and if a certain frag runs out in the middle of the line then start with the next one. Just my thoughts and I don't want to sound like my way would work better but maybe with a few other ideas we can find something that might work better.

Thanks to the officers for changing the way the giving out of frags is done. Much improvement on how the lines were done this year - not so much disorganization. It's nice to have the bigger frags too, since all that waiting and confusion in the past was frustrating to just get a tiny piece of something. I also think it was a great idea to do the setup so that the fragging station would be by the door and the vendors could have that door to do what they needed to do unhindered by a bunch of people going in and out.

I'll jump in as well! Thanks to everyone for their hard work! My first WAMAS event, and while I didn't hang around for the corals at the end, I will say this really is a great group of people to hold something like this for their members. Great job!

Yep, it was great fun.  Amazing to be able to cut up animals in front of people and have nobody try to stop me.

Maybe we could have a coral cannon that shoots the frags into the audience?

Yep, it was great fun. Amazing to be able to cut up animals in front of people and have nobody try to stop me.

Maybe we could have a coral cannon that shoots the frags into the audience?

I like this idea...a lot...