Valeria’s anemone tank

Valeria

Holy anemome's batman!  Those are some lucky clownfish.  Tell us more. 

How big is the tank? 

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Those yellow ones aren't lemon drop nems are they? As mentioned, that is a clown fish heaven.

(edited)

Holy anemome's batman!  Those are some lucky clownfish.  Tell us more. 

How big is the tank?

Beautiful tank. Let's hear some more about your setup.

The system is 300 gallons total. The anemones are housed in a tank that is 48”x24” with T5 lighting. I use carbon whenever it seems like the tank needs it.

Edited by Valeria

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Those yellow ones aren't lemon drop nems are they? As mentioned, that is a clown fish heaven.

I don’t think so, as the lemon drops are a little more dull, this yellow is very intense- it’s hard to capture their spark in camera.

I loveee the yellow anemones! Where do you get them? Do they get bigger?

Yes of course! They grow like all anemones; these are the ones that are propagating for me.

Thanks for the compliments! I posted this video as I’m working on separating the anemones from the rest of the set up. There are times when they get shredded by the power heads and it drives us nuts, horribly worried and kills other corals – starting with the SPS

Very nice. Those clowns look really happy.

Sweet tank! Do you dose iodine at all?

The system is 300 gallons total. The anemones are housed in a tank that is 48”x24” with T5 lighting. I use carbon whenever it seems like the tank needs it.

Do you see any issues when you run carbon? When I had 50 E. quadricolors in my 120 they would all react negatively to carbon for days. Even when rinsed well I think there was still fines that got in the water and bothered them. I stopped running carbon and GFO because of that.