Tricia's 90 gallon Build

Tank/corals are looking great! Nice work rehabbing that chalice, i know that is a rewarding feeling :)

Regarding not buying any more stuff, start trading with people. It might take a bit longer to get what you want, but that gives your current stock time to grow. Let me know if you want some sps. I am almost ready to start trimming :)

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Definitely! My life is a bit crazy from now until October, but I can always swing by after work. That green monti is already encrusted onto my rock. It looks so bright! THANK YOU!

I'm hoping that in 6 months I'll have things to trade and give to friends!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a Hollywood Stunner chalice from Ffe. I didn't think it was going to make it from being so traumatized. You can see that there is very little tissue between the eyes. a003b500dcf5b5829c732906fadee258.jpg

Now here it is todayd684e89b9eb2168f5901036226c441ff.jpg There is great tissue growth between the eyes. And it puts out tentacles too!

It really came back nicely!!!!

It was very nice seeing it come back to "life" in my frag tank too. was like a wrapped present :)

It really came back nicely!!!!

It was very nice seeing it come back to "life" in my frag tank too. was like a wrapped present :)

Yep!  It's so nice when I do the opposite of killing things!  It looks even better this week.  The tissue is starting to go over the front lip.  And the color had darkened, probably due to the new T5 bulbs.  Yours looks great too.  It'll be fun to see in 6 months how different they look even from each other. 

• 3 weeks later...

I sent this video to marco, but I thought I would share this in the build thread too. They love their seaweed, and Polo always tries to take it back to his lair. Polo at seaweed time:

i'm not seeing it! is it just me?

So many of my recent SPS purchases are already showing growth!

Here's my rainbow birdsnest from Alan. You can see the new growth that wasn't there when I picked it up. 98c0e1cd436d0aace0d131726becfb59.jpg

Here is what it looked like when it first went in.

c30737e34adadb0e09c0d46f6939d066.jpg

So many of my recent SPS purchases are already showing growth!

Here's my rainbow birdsnest from Alan. You can see the new growth that wasn't there when I picked it up. 98c0e1cd436d0aace0d131726becfb59.jpg

Here is what it looked like when it first went in.

c30737e34adadb0e09c0d46f6939d066.jpg

But why do my corals look more washed out? Too much light? Not enough? Wrong wave length?

What are your water params? Are you running the par 38s? I'd venture to say not enough light, but there are lots of factors that come into play.

But why do my corals look more washed out? Too much light? Not enough? Wrong wave length?

As Isaac said- what are your parameters? ALK? CA?,  Mag? Did you get the Par Meter yet? How much light is that par 38 throwing out?

What are your 90 dim? 48" x 18" x 24" ? Maybe it is time to get some more light on the scene?

PM me I have some options.

As Isaac said- what are your parameters? ALK? CA?, Mag? Did you get the Par Meter yet? How much light is that par 38 throwing out?

I'll test everything tomorrow. Except magnesium because I don't have that test yet. My nitrates had spiked this week after a deep sand bed cleaning, so i did a massive water change today. Everything looks generally happier. But the colors are pretty constant. I'm getting good growth though.

I'm running 4 PAR38 and 2 X T5 blue plus. I have an additional 4 PAR38 bulbs i need to put up, but haven't had the time to figure out how to replicate Alans set up he made (and I bought).

Ken I'm like 4th on the list for that meter.

As Isaac said- what are your parameters? ALK? CA?, Mag? Did you get the Par Meter yet? How much light is that par 38 throwing out?

I'll test everything tomorrow. Except magnesium because I don't have that test yet. My nitrates had spiked this week after a deep sand bed cleaning, so i did a massive water change today. Everything looks generally happier. But the colors are pretty constant. I'm getting good growth though.

I'm running 4 PAR38 and 2 X T5 blue plus. I have an additional 4 PAR38 bulbs i need to put up, but haven't had the time to figure out how to replicate Alans set up he made (and I bought).

I really don't know anything about the par 38 bulbs. I would be curious about their PAR reading.