Hello from Savage, MD

Savage in between Columbia and Laurel.

A few weeks ago started setting up RedSea Max 130 and joined WAMAS.  So I'm trying to learn salt water - not quite from scratch.  Before my son moved out 2 1/2 years ago, he had a 110g and 130g (at separate times) salt water set ups (in our home) with every kind of gadget that could be put on the tanks.

Since 1970 I've had tanks of many different fish.  While in college, 2 of us had quite a few 80g & 90g set up, along with 25 or 35 20g longs to wholesale fish in northern NM.  (After getting married, in our first apartment [on a 4th floor apartment] I had sixteen 24g tall and maybe as many 10g set up in one bedroom.  You wouldn't believe when the wall shifted down about 3" from the ceiling!) Also have been through the brackish East African Rif Lake Chichis "hobby."

My main love is my Honda GoldWing trike.  (Being new to the forum, I need to learn how to post photos.)  I retire TODAY, and starting next week, I hope to ride every day for the rest of my life, excluding a few snow falls.

post-2634924-0-43429500-1396016894_thumb.jpg

welcome! Although I've caught you lurking around already! Awesome goldwing, I need to get a motorcycle again, I sold my Suzuki SV-650S about 3 years ago and went to a Wrangler. Now my fiance has me dwindled down to a 4 door sedan, yuck.

Congrats on your retirement! Post up some pictures of your tank now, I'd love to see it. You couldn't have joined a better club! Will you be able to make the meeting?

welcome William!!!!  I am sure your son has spoken enough about WAMAS that you know all about us.....but I am glad to see you posting and looking forward to seeing the tank and watch as you start your journey....post up in the dedicated thread so we can learn your system and guide you along and help you fill it (thats our favorite part...we all run out of room so we fill everyone else's tanks up!)  We love pictures...being a visual group so join photobucket and upload and thencopy and post post the IMG code that you will see on the right hand side.  That will give us full size pictures we can really look at. 

Congratulations on your retirement....its the sweetest part of the journey...enjoy every moment

I hope we get to meet you at our next meeting on April 5th?

Welcome, William. You're son's a good resource. It sounds like he must have gotten his love of the hobby from his parents and their adventures over the years. The story about the wall shifting downward is impressive. That must have raised a few eyebrows.

Welcome, wow you have had a lot of tanks in the past. Congrats on being retired. So what made you decide getting into saltwater this time around?

welcome aboard and sweet to have another rider on here! i too had a sv650S like isaac before moving on to "cafe racers". not a big fan of the trikes but i understand the appeal. what about them interested you to buy one? any photos of your previous tanks or set ups?

Edited by monkiboy

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the club and glad to see another rider among us. I ride a bmw r1100r that is being converted to a cafe racer. Someday we need to do a wamas fish store ride :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk