DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe get some flame wrasses they will look so nice in that tank ... Can't wait for u get this going

I thought about them, would they get along with the other wrasses on the list?

I can't wait either Nick!

I guess it depends on the personality ... I have a smaller tank at just 3 feet and have a yellow wrasse , leopard wrasse and the flame and I only see the yellow do a very minor chase after the flame on occasion ... If I cud do a list again I wud go at least 4 flames so colorful and mine eats from my hand very unusual for a wrasse I think

I shud add I had a melanarus also in there for a short while no issues ... Just was too big so sold it

Thanks for the input, so multiply flame wrasses. I thought the males would all go after each other.

Theres alot of fish talk. Whens the "It took me 12.5 days to fill this puppy up" talk??

Wheres the who has extra ro/di units to lend me so I can fill this up in one day talk?

Theres alot of fish talk. Whens the "It took me 12.5 days to fill this puppy up" talk??

Wheres the who has extra ro/di units to lend me so I can fill this up in one day talk?

I like to plan ahead. The fish and the coral are the goal! :) The tank is actually full, just not flowing and tied into the sump. I will start filling up two 35 gal trash cans I have tomorrow or Friday.

I like to plan ahead. The fish and the coral are the goal! :) The tank is actually full, just not flowing and tied into the sump. I will start filling up two 35 gal trash cans I have tomorrow or Friday.

Still fresh water right?

Still fresh water right?

Yes, But it is RO/DI water so I figure I can add salt to the tank. I don't think there would be a problem, unless someone tells me otherwise.

700 GPD Unit remember Brrrrrrrrr it is cold outside. LMK

700 GPD Unit remember Brrrrrrrrr it is cold outside. LMK

you have a 700GPD unit?

What do you have to tow it on a trailer behind a truck? :laugh:

Nope!!!

Hummmmm.. I think I should be ok, but that is good to know. How large is it? 2' tall?

go all females and let them sort out who will be dominant male...ive heard aggression is better with a grp more 4+ so the male can bounce around his bi****es lol

go all females and let them sort out who will be dominant male...ive heard aggression is better with a grp more 4+ so the male can bounce around his bi****es lol

LOL...I was told by Justin (Ctenophore) that I should do the same with Anthias. Get all females and the dominate one will change. Aren't the males more colorful then the females?

LOL...I was told by Justin (Ctenophore) that I should do the same with Anthias. Get all females and the dominate one will change. Aren't the males more colorful then the females?

Good advise

Males turn heads ... Contrary to mankind

That is why I asked if I could get a school of 3-5 males better color. Does that work?  Anyone? 

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

I would avoid all males...don't think it would work...plus a male flame wrasse is very $ vs a female flame wrasse ...also the transformation is fun

lyretail anthias u cud go with a male tho and multiple females...btw the colors of certain bartlets are much cooler than lyretail...

I have lyretail now and wud have preferred to have gone bartletts

I would avoid all males...don't think it would work...plus a male flame wrasse is very $ vs a female flame wrasse ...also the transformation is fun

lyretail anthias u cud go with a male tho and multiple females...btw the colors of certain bartlets are much cooler than lyretail...

I have lyretail now and wud have preferred to have gone bartletts

Thanks for the input. I saw Justin's Bartlett's and was impressed with their color. I do have one killer male Lyretail that I love. It has long yellow streamers and is beautiful. Might do both.....I think I have a list of three different types of Anthias -17 total

This is why I keep asking people about their fish, and have produced a fish list. If I am going to make some changes, I want to do it now.

Hummmmm.. I think I should be ok, but that is good to know. How large is it? 2' tall?

It is the size of a suit case

You have nothing to do? according to you post plumbing etc need you attention :)

Just got back from Lowe's with the remaining fittings for Rob this weekend. Come on.......do you think it takes a lot of time to search "world's largest suitecase"? :laugh: There are times where I have to sit in front of the computer and field emails and calls, when I don't have either I click over to WAMAS.

get all females both in the wrasse and anthias world.  my flame wrasses started as all female, 1 turned male & jumped out, then another turned and is now spectacular.

Also look at dispar anthias.  I've found they are inexpensive and the males get really pretty when fed well.  They are also hardy but less so than lyretails.  They are very similar to bartletts in mouth structure and presumably feeding preferences.  I watch mine feeding on nearly microscopic copepods.  They also have figured out they can eat small SA pellets 0.5mm.