DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

Lol...

And I would love it if it had all those things in it! Another year?

It will happen.......this year. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a man possessed tonight! Broke down my old 55g holding tank, sump and entire system, started cleaning and scrubbing everything. I need to get that system out of the storage room so I can put the shelves and everything that was in the storage room a year ago. My fish room project has taken over my basement for a year. Time to clean up!

I must say, my huge utility sink and the faucet with the retractable spray nozzle makes clean up real easy. I just need to put filter sock in the sink and spray away, almost don't need to touch them.  Also having the space to keep a few items like a bucket of vinegar to run pumps in, and all I need to do is put the top back on is very handy. Then there is the fact that the floor is concrete and I don't need to worry about every drop of water, or for that matter every cup of water. Working upstairs on a hardwood floor is not easy and I am always looking for drips on the floor.

Duffy, what you're doing sure looks good.  And don't worry about taking a year, I think I'll be up to 4 years soon, if not already.  Keep up the good work.

Duffy, what you're doing sure looks good.  And don't worry about taking a year, I think I'll be up to 4 years soon, if not already.  Keep up the good work.

Your issue is the scope of your project keeps doubling and is soon going to take up the size of a small village! :laugh:

I at least had the limits of one finished room (and temporary use of my entire basement).

the club will want you to breed that clown, you have organized the plumbing like a navy ship, what about labels? if you are on vacation and there is a problem and you need to tell someone what to do on the phone labels may help?

the club will want you to breed that clown, you have organized the plumbing like a navy ship, what about labels? if you are on vacation and there is a problem and you need to tell someone what to do on the phone labels may help?

I don't breed fish, if someone is interested in breeding it with another one down the road PM me.

I got a label maker for Christmas, it prints labels with writing and or arrows...I told you I was anal about stuff.

Duff you will need to write an SOP according to Naval Regulations .

step 1: In case of leak....stop the leak. :cool:

Finally was able to get my little baby out of the sump and into a better tank, shut the 55g holding tank down and he is now in the future QT frag tank.

gallery_2633915_1398_102907.jpg

Hey little guy, I just bought you a girlfriend!  :clap:

I was willing to help out on the new mate. Waiting on babies.

How young do clowns breed? these guys are like in Junior High.

How young do clowns breed? these guys are like in Junior High.

9 months to a few years. Fazio92 has the experience. Pick his brain before he relocates .

9 months to a few years. Fazio92 has the experience. Pick his brain before he relocates .

Just trying to get an age range....So just put them together and play a little Barry White in the background?

Just trying to get an age range....So just put them together and play a little Barry White in the background?

I've found that with my clownfish, actinic lighting and a little Marvin Gaye gets them in the mood. They are spawning every couple weeks.

I've found that with my clownfish, actinic lighting and a little Marvin Gaye gets them in the mood. They are spawning every couple weeks.

Duly noted :tongue:

Started rock work tonight and put together 4 islands with two of them connected. Spent about 4 hours looking over my rock, picking out the pieces that look like they might work and putting together the puzzle. I plan on adding acrylic bases to the pieces that touch the tank, then add rock that is attached with Marco Mortar and acrylic rods. I want to fill in all the gaps or openings in the rocks that are attached to the acrylic so no detritus can build up below the sand level (Copps idea).  The top layers of rock will only be secured with the rods so I can always remove the top pieces if I ever need to frag corals or get to something a little easier.

Since this tank is viewed from both sides it took a little time to make sure each side looked good. Rock work has a 6" setback off the side of the glass. The waterline is at 22" so the lowest island is 11" the highest is 16". I plan on having a lot of fish, so I wanted to keep as many openings, small caves, open water, and swim space between the glass and the rock work. 

It is true.......it is also true that I now have a pair of PNG Lightning Maroon Clowns :)......they are getting to know each other right now.

does it also have a map of south america on its side?

HaHaHa! That is what I thought! Yes it does! so both of them do. It has a really pretty pattern.

All is not good in paradise ........ I put the new female (assuming female, a lot larger then the one I have from the same clutch I believe) Lightning Maroon Clown (FLMC) in the tank with the MLMC and everything looked good for the first 40 min. I decided to watch them for a while since they were not $3.00 guppies. I am glad I did. The MLMC looked like he submitted to the female, twitched sideways and was always behind her sideways. Then all of the sudden they started facing each other and going around in circles trying to bite each other. I broke in up 3 times and scared the new FLMC to the opposite side of the tank. The next encounter they got into the biting at each other again and this time the MLMC latched onto the FLMC's pectoral fin and I broke it up again. Now the new FLMC is in time out in a partitioned park of the sump.

I was told it may take a few meeting before they might accept each other.......any input? I don't want either of them hurt, I just want everyone to get along......and maybe have a few babies;)

No input, try maybe taking them both out and adding them at the same time? Do you have a nem? 

No input, try maybe taking them both out and adding them at the same time? Do you have a nem?

No nem, this is my frag QT system so it is brand new, I don't think I can add a nem until I have a mature system- correct?

(edited)

Tried the reintroduction of the FLMC last night in the frag tank and it did not go good again. In 3 min they were mouth to mouth, going around in circles trying to bite each other as she attacked him....so back to the sump!

Spent about 4 hours last night cleaning tank stuff, and building the mounting wire loops. I almost hung the 4' ATI light last night by myself.....then I looked at the tank....thought about Isaac.....and decide to wait for another set of hands tonight. :laugh:  Shooting for 3-4 hours of work per night to get this roilling.

Edited by DuffyGeos

No nem, this is my frag QT system so it is brand new, I don't think I can add a nem until I have a mature system- correct?

Stability is more important, which is usually achieved with time. I'm pretty sure that's why somebody came up with that rule of thumb.

Tried the reintroduction of the FLMC last night in the frag tank and it did not go good again. In 3 min they were mouth to mouth, going around in circles trying to bite each other as she attacked him....so back to the sump!

Spent about 4 hours last night cleaning tank stuff, and building the mounting wire loops. I almost hung the 4' ATI light last night by myself.....then I looked at the tank....thought about Isaac.....and decide to wait for another set of hands tonight. :laugh: Shooting for 3-4 hours of work per night to get this roilling.

Glad you can learn from my mistakes. Lmk if you need a hand, the hardest time for me was making sure you have it centered and figuring out the drilling points.

Stability is more important, which is usually achieved with time. I'm pretty sure that's why somebody came up with that rule of thumb.

Glad you can learn from my mistakes. Lmk if you need a hand, the hardest time for me was making sure you have it centered and figuring out the drilling points.

Thanks for the offer, my son better help me or no computer for him!

This is not going to be a permanent mounting position, I need to still get a rail system to move this lighting system, the one that is going to be next to it, and the 4 MH 7.5' long frame for the DT.