NERAC

lnevo

Hey all,

I know it's not the closest conference, but since I haven't seen any mention of it here I thought I'd post it. It's also really not that far considering its on the east coast :)

http://www.neracviii.com/

This is happening at the Long Island Aquarium in Riverhead. There's a catered lunch, if you stay for dinner an open bar..and some awesome speakers!!

Julien Sprung

Charles Delbeek

Dr. Andrew Rhyne

Click the link for more info.

Oh and did I mention the 20,000 gallon reef tank or the 2400 gallon anemone tank?

So, who's in?

Man, that looks like an awesome time! I wish I had known sooner, it would have given me some time to plan!

Probably a useless bump but anyone registering by today will help the catering folks :) there will be tickets available at the door too..

Anyway I'll be a better NY representative next year...maybe hopefully someone will make the trip. LMK if you do so i can say Hi :)

The conference was great, very well run. Everything went very smooth. There were around 20 vendors there. I missed Julien Sprung and Charles Delbeek but the talk by Andrew Rhyne was great.

I got some great pieces of Marco rock to fill in some gaps in my tank. They were there with a huge display of regular and shelf rock. I got an awesome deal on a JF jack o' lantern lepto and a nice frag of JF tricolor acro from Dan Rigle and a 3p frag of Golden Mauls from R&R Aquatics

All that plus a good time seeing the aquarium. Finally saw the sea lion show, penguins and sea otters. Last time I was there it was too cold to see the outdoor exhibits.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I hope next time some of you can make it!

May 4th is the Manhattan Reef Frag Swap ;)

• 8 months later...

Hey all,

I promised to let you guys know a bit earlier on the next NERAC. Well in keeping with that promise, NERAC IX is March 21, 2015! Registration is starting at $10 right now. Speakers confirmed so far are Jake Adams, Sanjay Joshi and Jamie Craggs. I know everyone will be busy this year with MACNA, but hey, you get to visit the Long Island Aquarium and it's 20,000 gallon reef tank :)

http://www.neracix.com/

Hope you can join us!

Thanks for the reminder. I hope I can get that way, but I think this year is a no go. 

• 2 months later...

We will be there for sure and have been looking forward to it for months!

Joe's tank was one of the first "big" tanks we ever had the privilege to feed our foods to and Joe and I have been friends ever since. The first time I saw that tank I was in awe and my giddiness comes through in the video...LOL.

https://youtu.be/SFXfjyboeTc

I heard you guys were going to have a table there this year? Who's coming?

Are you going? How's the tank reboot?

Yes, I will be there! The reboot is going slow. Still having nitrate issues. I think the biopellets are starting to kick in, but I'm still at least 25 nitrates, at least 99% of the algae is gone, just one rock has a patch that hasn't disappeared. At least my zoas and soft corals are doing great. My anemone just split into maybe 6! Still healing and not quite finished yet, so its hard to check.

Yes, I will be there! The reboot is going slow. Still having nitrate issues. I think the biopellets are starting to kick in, but I'm still at least 25 nitrates, at least 99% of the algae is gone, just one rock has a patch that hasn't disappeared. At least my zoas and soft corals are doing great. My anemone just split into maybe 6! Still healing and not quite finished yet, so its hard to check.

Glad to hear, success in any shape or form is usually welcomed IME. Will you be joining us for MACNA?!

Looking forward to seeing you there Larry! I been a fan for so long now and missed all the close events you've been at!

Looking forward to meeting you! We are a sponsor of the event and donating a bunch of LRS caps, shirts, towels and goodies to the raffle. Hopefully you can win something.

Paul I am taking my wife and son to the aquarium for their first time as a mini-vacation. As a sponsor I donated a bunch of stuff for the raffles, but I did not get a booth to actually sell any products. We have a bunch of stores in NY and Long Island stocking our products and I didn't want people to have to worry about rushing home with their frozen food.  I will be floating around the aquarium all day Saturday and at the Dinner banquet that evening.  I have a lot of friends who want to meet up and enjoy a relaxing couple days. I'm pretty sure it won't be hard for us to find one another.

The last time I was there I got to play with the penguins and to this day my wife will not let me live it down that she missed out on that. From what I am told the penguins make a cameo appearance during the dinner banquet so that alone is worth the price of admission.  :clap:

https://youtu.be/9EgJUc3ZiHg

Hope to see you there!

If I go my wife won't be going.  Her snoring may disturb the guests.  She has been to the aquarium many times as we have a few friends near there.   If I knew sooner I would have donated a couple of Majano Wands and coral feeders.

It was great meeting Paul, Lee and everyone else at the event! Our Friday flight was cancelled so we arrived Saturday, AM hung out all day at the Aquarium and then partied until about midnight with our industry freinds who regroup at these events.  It has been an exhausting 24 hours but more than worth it!

We are currently sitting at Islip airport waiting for our 11:40 am flight back home. 

We will do it again next year for sure and if you attend I would highly recommend staying for the Saturday evening dinner. The food was great!

Hopefully next year the weather will be better because a few vendors had to cancel due to the snow which left some booths empty.

Larry, sorry I didn't get a chance to spend more time with you.   I left about 2:00 so I was there for 5 hours.  I really liked the day and will go next year.