Ick attack!

zygote2k

I recently introduced the 34th fish to a 300g tank and within 3 days, the Tangs were beginning to show signs. By day 7, the majority of the fish had it. By day 14, it was all gone.

My secret- time and food. 99% effective with healthy fish.

Didn't lose a single fish since they were all healthy to begin with.

i think we can both agree that saying "it (referring to marine ich) was all gone" is rather misleading as you did nothing to remove the parasite from the tank and it is still present.

perhaps more accurately written: by day 14, the fish in the 300g stopped showing the visual/outward symptoms of the parasite at that particular stage of its lifecycle.

I only hope for your sake that everything stays healthy enough that you don't get an outbreak... I personally have not been that lucky in the past with a 75g

I truly believe that you can never get rid of ick from a tank. I've seen fish that have been in the same tank for 15 years without new additions suddenly develop ick and just as suddenly have it clear up.

Excellent job, Rob. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition

I truly believe that you can never get rid of ick from a tank. I've seen fish that have been in the same tank for 15 years without new additions suddenly develop ick and just as suddenly have it clear up.

+1

If the fish is healthy should be able to fight it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think we can both agree that saying "it (referring to marine ich) was all gone" is rather misleading as you did nothing to remove the parasite from the tank and it is still present.

perhaps more accurately written: by day 14, the fish in the 300g stopped showing the visual/outward symptoms of the parasite at that particular stage of its lifecycle.

+1  

Hopefully when they become free swimming again the fish are able to fight them off.

I recently introduced the 34th fish to a 300g tank and within 3 days, the Tangs were beginning to show signs. By day 7, the majority of the fish had it. By day 14, it was all gone.

My secret- time and food. 99% effective with healthy fish.

Didn't lose a single fish since they were all healthy to begin with

Pics....we need pics of this tank.  sounds like a ton of fish...

Magic black worms

IMHO, best food for any fish.  Rob, do you feed black worms?  Is this the "food" your referring to?  If not, what do you feed?  How often?