Total 8 1/2 bags

We have the order complete

Who else wants in?

These are 50lbs bags at $23-29 per bag.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can mark me down for 1/2 bag.... May not be able to get it till the feb meeting...

Dave

ok so far we have :

Myself  1/2 bag

jimcroce21 1/2 bag

Larry Grenier ?

unninair 1/2 bag

wombat 1/2 bag

neon 1/2 bag

Total 2 1/2 bags

That mean we still have 3 1/2 to go.

Who else wants in? These are 50lbs bags at $27 per bag.

XEON- can you send me the info on the retailer that sells this so i can check on some details?

Larry how much do you want?

50056[/snapback]

It isn't a retial item, I buy it through my company and am happy to do so. I will try and get updated pricing and post back when I get the info. I will also update to see where there ship mark is... since they are a high volume supplier, they have a limit to how little they will ship/mess with.

I have already OK'd delivery with Chip again at his location. One time period we have to be sensitive to is Valentine's Day, since he does own/operate a flower shop. Will post more when I know more.

Hey Dave,

Did you break even last time we did this? Rocko and I split a bag (of which I still have 85%) but I don't remember if I ever gave any one any $$$

Phil

Actually, there were a few people that did not pay the last go round. I had several projects going on and didn't keep very good records... but I know a few people did not pay for sure. Did I break even... no. :(

I will be keeping better track this time as my wife did give me some grief over not doing so. Phil, I don't remember if you paid or not and if you aren't sure either way, don't worry about it. Consider it a little gift for your now not so new 150 island tank. ;)

I'm more sure now than before, I didn't pay. Maybe Rocko paid for us and I didn't pay him, or I just didn't pay you.

Sooner or later, I pay all debts, what is / was a half bag? Maybe Rocko will comment in on the subject.

I'm more sure now than before, I didn't pay.  Maybe Rocko paid for us and I didn't pay him, or I just didn't pay you.

Sooner or later, I pay all debts, what is / was a half bag?  Maybe Rocko will comment in on the subject.

50270[/snapback]

I just went to my Paypal account and looked at the history. Looks like i only paid for my half. Phils a slacker.

The update in pricing still has the product at $.46/lb. That puts a 50lb. bag at $23. Then there is a ship/handling fee of $35 w/ tax on top of that. That puts the full bag in the $29 ball park. Still pretty cheap. I have not had a chance to talk with the "official" sales guy yet, but I will try and get the shipping/handling waived... still pretty good pricing IMO. We need 7 bags to make this happen.

I will also ask them about the magnesium chloride hexahydrate. I have only been able to speak with the staff in the office who can confirm pricing, current ship fees and go from part numbers... my sales guy should shed some light on getting some magnesium chloride hexahydrate.

Larry,

As you stated if some people switch to a full bag, it will help in getting to the level to get this order going. If we mix in some Magnesium Chloride Hexadhydrate, that will also count toward the total we need.

Again, we need seven bags to make it happen... the magic number is $150. I was unable to get the $35 shipping/handling fee waived, but split among at least seven people, it isn't too oppressive IMO.

To those looking for some Magnesium Chloride Hexadydrate (flake)... yes they also do have it. It is not currently stocked locally like the lime. It would take around a week to get it moved from Atlanta where they do keep it stocked. The price for a 50lb. bag is the same as the lime, .46/lb. or $23 per bag plus shipping + tax. I am waiting on a chemical specification sheet to look at its chemical analysis. I have its MSDS sheet, but that isn't necessarily accurate for this sort of thing. It looks to be pretty high grade stuff like the lime.

Doug mentioned Dow Flake, calcium chloride dihydrate, would anyone else be interested in this?

great idea chip- :idea2: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about one of those atomatic feeders that would drop a spoon full a day into your drip? My worry would be this stuff is just not balanced, like lime- then you'd be dumping Baking soda -- oh another feeder- spilsh slpash and a stirrer---- and pull a line off your existing float swithches--- but then we are alredy driping a balanced solution of Lime. doh :bigcry:

:D

I'd be in for a bag of the Dow that R.H.F. recommends. Only have the driveway heat stuff during the winter!

For some reason I need to boost the calcium a bit above just the kalk.

• 2 weeks later...

still need 2 1/2 bags anyone else interested?

To help facilitate I'll up my order to a whole bag.

Dave

For those interested in the Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate, I did finally get some details. I'd like to run it by RHF on ReefCentral first. How many are truly interested in this? If so, I think we are good to go since we only need to hit $150 to get this off the ground... 7 bags of either and/or does this of course.

anyone in for Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate or Mississippi Lime? We need only 1 1/2 bags to get this order off the ground.

Is the Mississippi Lime calcium carbonate or some other form of kalkawassar? If it is a good substitute, I'll take half a bag since I'm not even close to being ready to use it yet on my system which is not set up, but I figure I can package it so that I have it when I am ready.