New-Hi from Annapolis

Hi! My name is Mara and I'm in Annapolis. I'm new to saltwater tanks, but have some experience with freshwater tanks (cichlids, angels, assorted tropicals).

I took the SW plunge 6 weeks ago and set up a 29 gallon. It has LR, two maroon clowns, blue damsel, humbug damsel, coral beauty angel, skunk cleaner shrimp, and a green LTA. I have an aqueon modular LED with 2 day white and 1 blue lamp, a Penguin 330 filter, Reef Octopus BH100 skimmer, and 2 Koralia PH's. I have an empty 75 gallon tank/stand for future expansion.

I'm hungry for knowledge and have checking out your forums. It's all pretty interesting stuff to me. I've already made a few newbie mistakes, but I'm learning. I'll be posting a question regarding some equipment selection advice in the near future, but in the meantime, a quick one - Who wrote the bio for your April meeting speaker? Funny!

post-2634812-0-54090400-1392850157_thumb.jpg

Welcome. You should join us, it will be the best $20 you ever spent. It will give you more access to everything including the sell/trade area.

We are a picture group, please post pictures.

Welcome Mara. I agree become a paying member and you will see a lot more that you cant see now, specially the for sale/free/trade forum like JR mention. You wont regret it.

Ask as many questions as you wish there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Okay, I just did. Was holding out because of negative experience with another club that I joined prematurely, but I've been lurking here long enough to feel fairly safe that I won't get lambasted (hopefully) for admitting my newbie mistakes.At this time I'm not in the middle of a tank crisis <knocking wood>. Just wanting to learn more and more!

Hi Mara. Welcome to WAMAS.

So you like Mitch Carl's bio? I can't say that it's our own doing, but it is something that Mitch provided and we've reused. I hope you get a chance to make the meeting. It's a bit of a drive, bit in sure that you'll enjoy meeting other members as well as enjoying the talk.

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition

Welcome aboard. This is a GREAT community, and I think you'll be very pleased with the choice!